latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Grant access to unique content every 30 days?

Home Forums Community Forum Grant access to unique content every 30 days?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 1:02 am #46340
Pete
Username: anagio

Hi is it possible with s2members to create a membership site with the following rules. Create a curriculum which is divided into monthly lesson plans. Lets say each lesson plan is a Page. When the member signs up they have access to the first lesson plan right away. After 30 days they automatically get access to the second lesson plan and so on?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 1:17 am #46343
Pete
Username: anagio

Hi I just found a post http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/weekly-content-drip/ that talks about dripping content and it seems to be what I need.

To make it easy for my client to manage their lesson plans if I created a global options panel which allowed them to assign a Page as Lesson 1 (month 1) another page for lesson 2 (month 2) and so on. Then within each drip I query that option page to display.

What type of restrictions would I set on these individual pages themselves if any? Would I make the pages private since i’m using PHP to query the_content from them or the global option rather. This way no one can access the page directly containing the lesson plan but would it still show up in the content drip using this method?

Thanks

Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 3:32 pm #46490
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

What type of restrictions would I set on these individual pages themselves if any? Would I make the pages private since i’m using PHP to query the_content from them or the global option rather. This way no one can access the page directly containing the lesson plan but would it still show up in the content drip using this method?

The way you use s2Member’s Content Dripping is up to you. I might suggest using the details in this article to give your Members the capability to see your Posts.

Knowledge Base » Changing Roles/Capabilities via PHP

See Also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Content Dripping

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.