latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

groupon voucher use with S2 pro not possible?

Home Forums Community Forum groupon voucher use with S2 pro not possible?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Apr 14th, 2013 at 6:06 pm #47459

Hi there today I purchased the S-2 pro members plug-in for $129.00.
My main purpose for buying the S-2 Pro version of your plug-in was to secure a site that we are setting up to be used with the groupon. The site will require a person to enter a voucher code to be redeemed and once that’s voucher code is validated against of list of voucher codes from groupon the user would be registered and sent to a welcome page giving them access to the membership site. Before I used your membership plug-in I also used the membership plug-in offered by WPmudev from Australia. Although it is a good plug-in there were issues with logging in the user right after sign-up which is something that I don’t want. This is why I looked into using your plug-in and even though I’m very happy with it does not do what I needed to do without customization of the php code according to what I read in your forum.

Can you please let me know if I can set up such functionality using your membership plug-in to be used with voucher codes if not I would initiate if you could refund my full purchase price.
I paid $129 today via PayPal and I would request a full refund because I will be unable to use your membership plug in for my purposes. Thank you in advance and please let me know as soon as possible.
Neostar Marketing
Marco Rodrigues.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 7:07 pm #47537
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

What exactly do you need the product to do?

Posted: Wednesday Apr 17th, 2013 at 12:28 pm #47677

Hi Bruce,

I cannot use the plug in because i need the groupon code function. i am already you another membership plug in from a different company and i am very happy with it since it supports coupon codes.

Please refund my full purchase price of $129.00. Please let me know as soon as the refund is processed.

Thank you.

Marco Rodrigues.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 17th, 2013 at 3:07 pm #47688

Hey Marco,

I love s2Member for the extreme amount of customization it allows, but I don’t like the fact that 100% discount coupons are not built into core.

With that in mind, I am curious – what product did you end up going with?

Posted: Wednesday Apr 17th, 2013 at 4:41 pm #47694

Hi Josh i went with membership from wpmudev.org. its a great plug in if you get the pro version and it allows coupons as well as voucher number to be validated without going thru the checkout process. each plug in has its own pluses and minuses.
i ended up sticking with the membership one from wpmudev.org and i am asking for a refund for the S2 pro. still waiting to hear back though!
Hope this helps! Let me know if you need more details.

Marco

Posted: Wednesday Apr 17th, 2013 at 4:47 pm #47695

Interesting…I wasn’t able to find anything there that s2 doesn’t support. In fact, s2 seems way more powerful than that plugin. Anywho, hope that plugin works well for you!

Posted: Wednesday Apr 17th, 2013 at 7:20 pm #47705

hi Josh,

do you know a way to make S2 work with 100% free coupons? is there an easy way? I would consider using it if i could get around the coupon issue. technically the 100% free coupon should not go thru the gateway to pay. it should just validate coupon code and email the login details if successful.

have you been able to do this?

thank you.

marco

Posted: Wednesday Apr 17th, 2013 at 7:25 pm #47709

Marco – yes, I was able to do this, but my situation was an edge case – I had a database (outside of s2) of available, one time use vouchers that members could purchase in-store; my code would validate that the inputted voucher was valid and wasn’t taken/used, then would output a free registration form. There is a guide here on the site that I got the idea from, but my solution really doesn’t look anything like it.

You said:

it [s2Member] does not do what I needed to do without customization of the php code

You were correct unfortunately; if you aren’t comfortable doing this you will have to hire someone or find another solution. I didn’t find a solution so I did it myself. I didn’t see where WPMU’s membership plugin supported free coupon codes, but I may have just missed it.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 17th, 2013 at 11:25 pm #47719

hi Josh,

thanks for the reply. i am sure it can be done like you have done it. i could probably tackle it myself but it would take time i don’t have right now. i could also get someone from Elance to do it but again might be costly.
i think for now i will stick with what i am using. in future i might look into it myself.

do you think i will be able to get a refund? there is no direct way of contacting anyone related to this site so i am a little turned off by that.

thanks again.

Marco

Posted: Thursday Apr 18th, 2013 at 7:23 am #47771

Hi Marco.

I’m pretty sure that we haven’t said that vouchers are supported. Could you point me to where you read that, please?

Here’s our refund policy: s2Member® » Terms » Refund Policy

do you know a way to make S2 work with 100% free coupons?

This article may help: Knowledge Base » Offering a Free Coupon Code (100% Discount)

technically the 100% free coupon should not go thru the gateway to pay. it should just validate coupon code and email the login details if successful.

You could complement the solution in that article, with the Remote Operations API to create the new user. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Remote Operations API[/hilite]

These may also be helpful:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins
http://adambrown.info/p/wp_hooks/hook/wp_loaded

Posted: Thursday Apr 18th, 2013 at 11:42 am #47791

Hi Cristian,

thank you for the reply however i did not see anywhere listed before i bought the s2 pro plug in that free coupons were not allowed and that groupon codes like were not easy to set up. unless i can come up with a suitable and easy to implement solution to my issue with setting up voucher codes in s2 pro i will request a charge back from my credit card company.

i am sure they will more than happy to refund me the money i paid for something i cannot use without spending more $$, perhaps a lot more to pay a programmer to customize your code.

I will look around to see if i can find something I can use with s2 member to make it work for me. i am not the only one who has this requirement and honestly i dont understand when you guys would not build something like the free coupons into the plug in, after all for a programmer its fairly easy. the paypal thing is just an excuse because why would you checkout a customer thru paypal if they have a 100% free coupon. just redirect them to the user set up page and that’s it.

the article links you sent me are useless as i have already read them and they don’t really help much form a practical standpoint.

please let me know your thoughts before i call my credit card company.

thank you.

marco

Posted: Thursday Apr 18th, 2013 at 11:52 am #47792

Marco, the reason I believe Bruce posted that article was to basically (and politely) say that you are responsible for investigating what s2Pro is capable of before purchasing it. You cannot expect a refund when a product does what it explicitly says it CAN do, but not what everything you wish it would do.

If I go and buy a soldering iron that advertises that it can weld solder, I can’t expect a refund because it can’t build me a circuit board without some work.

I appreciate/understand your frustration, but again – it is your responsibility to investigate (read – ask questions in the community forum) before you purchase s2Pro.

Another thing; if you think about it, it is almost impossible to give refunds for premium software purchases – even if I were to get a refund on my soldering iron, the store would at least get their merchandise back. With software, not so. If you were to get a refund now, you could potentially happily continue to use said software – which has basically now become free software – and whomever you may decide to share it with.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 24th, 2013 at 2:30 pm #48299

Hi there,
I has intensively looked for solutions for accepting coupon code to voucher codes in your S-2 member plug-in so that the user can be redirected to the registration page upon entering a valid coupon code and avoid going to the PayPal payment gate.

I have done quite a bit research online and trying to find a plug-in for Word press that handles coupon codes in a manner that would accomplish the above tasks however I’ve been unable to come up with anything.

My question is do you know of any plug-ins out there that can handle coupon code or voucher codes a WordPress and redirect the user to the registration page?

After careful examination of your plug-in I have to say that I’m impressed with the possibilities for customize edition that exist within the S-2 membership plug-in the only issue that I see is the lack of the ability to accept registrations from voucher codes stored in a database.
I am looking at ways of doing this at the moment however I would like to know if you have any other solutions other than the ones already discussed in your form?
Please let me know at your earliest convenience.
Thank you and looking forward to response.
Mark

Posted: Thursday Apr 25th, 2013 at 7:24 am #48343

After careful examination of your plug-in I have to say that I’m impressed with the possibilities for customize edition that exist within the S-2 membership plug-in

Thanks for the kudos! :)

the only issue that I see is the lack of the ability to accept registrations from voucher codes stored in a database.

Thanks for your feedback. We’re addressing this feature in the next major version of s2Member, which is a complete rewrite we’re working on.

I am looking at ways of doing this at the moment however I would like to know if you have any other solutions other than the ones already discussed in your form?

Well, the one I know is discussed here: Knowledge Base » Offering a Free Coupon Code (100% Discount)

It’s a customization, but a simple one. Please read the article and try it. It doesn’t use a field in the pro-form itself, but you could add a simple separate form for it in the same page.

Posted: Thursday Apr 25th, 2013 at 10:39 am #48367

Hi Cristián,

how long will it be until the next release of S2 member? i am currently dealing with a few developers in Odesk to develop a plug in that can do this? i am wondering if it is worth it if the new release is a short time away!

thank you.

marco

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 1:19 am #48427
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

how long will it be until the next release of S2 member?

We don’t have a solid release date for this at the current time, sorry. It would be best to start your project using the current release of s2Member.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.