latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

having problems with upgrade account process

Home Forums Community Forum having problems with upgrade account process

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  kevin revill 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Sep 23rd, 2012 at 4:25 pm #26225
kevin revill
Username: xonath

I can sign users up to level one using forms.

however, i am now trying to setup an upgrade button which is only available when logged in to wordpress.

below is my shortcode. created by s2member admin panel

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form modify="1" level="2" ccaps="" desc="$19.98 USD / Monthly ( recurring charge, for ongoing access )" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.xxx.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="19.98" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="0" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

I get a form, however it has a username and password boxes. which i did not expect and there blank
i can pay for via paypal, but the account does not get upgrade i.e. it stays at level one.
even though coupon is set to 0. i get a coupon box.

Fixed the first part was using the shortcode with doshortcode wordpress function inside an external php script. Brought this back into a page. and now it looks correct. However evne though it says thanyou at the end. the upgrade did not happen. I am using paypal sandbox. thus the account is still at level1 not level2.

Any ideas?

Kev

• This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  kevin revill.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Sep 24th, 2012 at 7:27 am #26283
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Kev,

The upgrade process requires on the IPN communication from PayPal. After completing payment, s2Member waits for PayPal to confirm the payment was successful and only then processes the upgrade of the account.

I’m not sure if sandbox mode actually sends those IPN messages, so the best way to test this would be to do a live transaction. You can create an upgrade for $0.01 and run a live test to simulate.

Just make sure that both IPN and PDT/Auto-Return integration are configured properly:
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® PDT Integration

Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 3:54 pm #26724
kevin revill
Username: xonath

Thanks.

I was being thick. I htaccess’d off my site while i got things working. of course that means paypal could not communicate back. thanks for the help.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.