latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Help! My site has been suspended!

Home Forums Community Forum Help! My site has been suspended!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Paul Smith 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 11th, 2012 at 10:46 am #16134

Hi there,

I hope you can help me quickly. I have recently switched from Memberwing to s2Member because of the conflicts that I experienced with Memberwing when I intalled the Simple Press forum. Everything seemed to work seemlessly but a couple of hours ago my hosting company (buyhttp) suspended my account without notice and sent me an email to say that I was overloading the server. They sent me the following…

Hi,

Your account was suspended today due to high load caused by SQL queries generated by your account, below is an example of the queries, this type of load is not suitable for shared hosting environment, you’ll need a dedicated sever to handle this kind of load.

68206 livingon_ localhost livingon_w 31 Query SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE user_login = ‘Dunkwa123’
68198 livingon_ localhost livingon_w 36 Query SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE user_login = ‘Dunkwa123’
67955 livingon_ localhost livingon_w 274 Query SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE user_login = ‘luggsy’
67898 livingon_ localhost livingon_w 335 Query SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE user_login = ‘luggsy’
67850 livingon_ localhost livingon_w 397 Query SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE user_login = ‘perry touzel’
67851 livingon_ localhost livingon_w 398 Query SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE user_login = ‘luggsy’
67831 livingon_ localhost livingon_w 419 Query SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE user_login = ‘swanguy’
67778 livingon_ localhost livingon_w 453 Query SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE user_login = ‘luggsy’
67770 livingon_ localhost livingon_w 457 Query SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE user_login = ‘perry touzel’
67744 livingon_ localhost livingon_w 472 Query UPDATE wp_users SET user_url=”” WHERE ID=4321
67706 livingon_ localhost livingon_w 502 Query SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE user_login = ‘aoh1961@hotmail.com’
67694 livingon_ localhost livingon_w 520 Query SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE user_login = ‘perry touzel’
67607 livingon_ localhost livingon_w 578 Query SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE user_login = ‘perry touzel’
67555 livingon_ localhost livingon_w 619 Query SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT IF(wp_sfmembers.admin=1, “0”, IF(w
67538 livingon_ localhost livingon_w 635 Query SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE user_login = ‘perry touzel’
67517 livingon_ localhost livingon_w 658 Query SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT IF(wp_sfmembers.admin=1, “0”, IF(w
67487 livingon_ localhost livingon_w 691 Query UPDATE `wp_users` SET `user_activation_key` = ‘Dcicq2qepWt0z6bLdSZY’

Thanks,
Buyhttp Security Team

They have told me that I will need to switch to a dedicated server to cope with the “high load”. I only had a dozen people on the site at the time. What can I do to resolve this? Do I need to switch to the dedicated server as they suggest and pay an additional $249 per month to run my site, or is there a problem that you can fix?

Paul

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jun 11th, 2012 at 2:31 pm #16145

Its sounds like their taking the mick.

Would switch companies immediately. I hear hostgator are good for s2member mediatemple seem to be ok too. I personally use amazon and can handle thousands of hits a minute on a $20 server

Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 1:05 am #16206

Hi Phily,

Thanks for the reply. I will move the site if I must, but I need to know why such a small amount of traffic is creating a “server overload”. Can someone from customer support please respond to this post? I have been forced to disable s2Member to prevent my site from being closed down again. My hosting company’s tech support department have confirmed that once I disabled s2Member, the server load returned to normal.

Please help me sort this out. Your software appears to be quite robust and I can’t find any reference to this kind of problem happening with anyone else, so why is it happening to me?

Paul

Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 9:22 am #16245
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Paul,

The only things I could recommend besides changing server providers is, try using the Quick Cache plugin, it was developed by Jason Caldwell (lead developer of s2Member), and so it should work perfectly with s2Member, see if that helps.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 9:51 am #16250

@Paul my point is that the only people telling you your overloading the server are the same people telling you to upgrade to a $250 a month server, does that not seem strange?

There is no reference to s2member in that code you posted but there is to simple press

Basically I dont believe you are overloading the server you should ask your hosting company what they consider to be a high load? And also ask them what load you was putting on the server instead of them providing you with nonsense query examples.

@Eduan it looks as though he is already using that plugin

Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 10:37 am #16254

Thanks for the replies guys. Since I submitted my first post, I have installed Quick Cache. I reinstated s2Member about two hours ago and let the hosting company to email me if my dozen or so current visitors are crashing their server. I’ve heard nothing yet. The “high” traffic that caused the overload though was when I sent out a newsletter to the subscriber base. I do that every two weeks. I hope that there isn’t another problem when the next one goes out.

Thanks for your help so far.

Paul

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.