latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Help with Authorize.net Cron Job

Home Forums Community Forum Help with Authorize.net Cron Job

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Nov 20th, 2012 at 7:05 pm #32172

Good evening,

I pumped to say we are moving our few thousand membership site to S2 member and WP. Our current site is custom coded and it has been a nightmare. Here is my question. We are going to keep the OLD site up for the next month as we test S2 and WP. This means that when we add the users to S2 we will now have 2 billing crons set up.

Is there a way to pause the S2 cron with Auth.net.

I am running our custom cron with Auth.net everyday at 4:30AM EST and we running billing 365 days a year.

Thanks in advance, any answer would be great. We are currently watching all the videos, but want to get this data over ASAP so we can start testing.

Look forward to filling you in how this transistion goes.

JB

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:29 am #32235

Hi JB.

I pumped to say we are moving our few thousand membership site to S2 member and WP.

Cool. :)

We are going to keep the OLD site up for the next month as we test S2 and WP. This means that when we add the users to S2 we will now have 2 billing crons set up.

Is there a way to pause the S2 cron with Auth.net.

s2Member doesn’t do the recurring charges to the user through Authorize.Net. s2Member connects with Authorize.Net to create the subscription and Authorize.Net is the one that makes the charges recurringly.

Just adding the user to WordPress doesn’t create a new subscription with Authorize.Net, the user would have to make a purchase through one of s2Member’s pro-forms for Authorize.Net to start being charged. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms[/hilite]

Now, if the user already has a subscription running at Authorize.Net, what you can do is add Authorize.Net as the gateway and his subscr. ID to his profile. You can do that editing the profile manually, or with the Import tool if you use that to migrate the users or update them in bulk. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation[/hilite]

If the user doesn’t have a subscription running with Authorize.Net and, instead, your custom script makes the charges and manages that, then they’ll need to start a subscription with Authorize.Net through an s2Member pro-form when you’re ready to migrate them from the old system to s2Member.

Does that help?

Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:35 am #32237

Cristian,

Thank you, we are currently running a custom script – it charges the Auth.net ID on the date that it is due, so you called it. OK, got it.

Now, if the user already has a subscription running at Authorize.Net, what you can do is add Authorize.Net as the gateway and his subscr. ID to his profile. You can do that editing the profile manually, or with the Import tool if you use that to migrate the users or update them in bulk. Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation

We don’t we use a custom script

If the user doesn’t have a subscription running with Authorize.Net and, instead, your custom script makes the charges and manages that, then they’ll need to start a subscription with Authorize.Net through an s2Member pro-form when you’re ready to migrate them from the old system to s2Member.

Maybe we can script that to happen? I REALLY don’t want 2000 members having to refill out a billing form……

Thanks for the help :)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  JB Glossinger.
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  JB Glossinger.
Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:55 am #32240

Yeah, I can certainly understand that.

Well, what I’d probably do if I were in your shoes, is keep the current custom script charging existing customers, and have new customers create their subscriptions through s2Member.

You can give existing members the s2Member Level that will let them access the content they’re paying for, and you’ll need to customize your custom script a little more so it adds an EOT time to the user profiles when they end their subscriptions. That way s2Member will be able to apply the EOT behavior to them. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior[/hilite]

Or the custom script can demote the user directly: Knowledge Base » Changing Roles/Capabilities via PHP.

Including wp-load.php in your script will load WordPress and let you use its functions. [hilite code]include_once "wp-load.php";[/hilite]

I hope that helps!

Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:57 am #32241

By the way, subscriptions created through s2Member will be managed by Authorize.Net and the recurring amount cannot be changed. I mention this in case your custom script charges different amounts based on some criteria you use. You can read more about this here: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/how-to-setup-a-variable-monthly-bill/#post-32226

Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 9:01 am #32242

Cristian,

Thanks A LOT – awesome support, we are putting our plan in place……

We may have a few more questions……

You guys rock!!!

Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 9:10 am #32243

Thanks for the kudos!

Let us know if you have more questions, we’ll help as we can. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.