latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Hide custom profile fields from FREE users

Home Forums Community Forum Hide custom profile fields from FREE users

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  boudewijn lutgerink 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Feb 8th, 2013 at 1:01 am #41172

My apologies if this has been covered.

On my site users will have to register as FREE and then upgrade to PAID if they want. I have setup custom fields that are excluded on registration, set to default values and then available for edit in the user profile. I have added the user profile shortcode to a page for my own custom look.

Only PAID users get to modify some of the custom field options, for the FREE members I want certain fields to be either greyed out (preferred) or missing entirely because they don’t get to modify those settings until they pay.

I think I need to use something like: [s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_level1)] but don’t quite know.

Is there some way to do this?

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 8th, 2013 at 1:22 am #41174

Look at s2member->general options->Registration/Profile Fields & Options
You can create custom fields there.
If you scroll down in the configuration screen you see “applicable membership levels.”
That field defaults to “all”. You can change the values to whatever level you need.

Posted: Friday Feb 8th, 2013 at 1:28 am #41175

Ha, I wondered what that option was for.

Thank you so much for the speedy answer and making my day!

Posted: Friday Feb 8th, 2013 at 3:23 am #41180

Glad I could help you. ;-)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.