latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Hide WordPress Email Field

Home Forums Community Forum Hide WordPress Email Field

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 10:34 am #30018

I’d like to see if I can hide the buddypress email field from everyone in BuddyPress with s2member.

The reason is, I need to create a whole bunch of ‘dummy’ emails to allow me to import a couple hundred members. Part of the functionality I absolutely have to have is the ability for all of our members to login with the user/login we give them, whether they have given us an email address or not. Plus, some husband/wife members share an email address.

So what I’d like to do is HIDE the WordPress email field and create a CUSTOM email field. That way I can import in everyone with the dummy emails I create for all the users with no emails (WordPress requires emails to import) but still show the email in their profile in Buddypress.

All said, how can I hide the primary wordpress email field?

Thanks in advance for your help. This is probably my only roadblock to rolling out my new website right now.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 2:23 pm #30057
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Wayne,

I’m not sure where you want to hide the email address field from, but this should be a simply CSS fix where you add a display:none; rule for the class or ID associated with that field.

If you’re referring to signup pages, then it will be a bit more tricky, as WordPress requires the email address. You’d need to use a bit of JavaScript and CSS to hide the email address field but also pre-fill it with an email address.

Posted: Tuesday Oct 30th, 2012 at 12:50 pm #30166

Thanks. I’ll see if I can figure out how to do that then. It’s good to know it’s possible. By the way, I want to hide it from people viewing member profiles in BuddyPress.

Posted: Tuesday Oct 30th, 2012 at 4:51 pm #30209
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Yes, that should be a simply CSS change. You’ll just need to view the source of the page when viewing a member profile and find the class/id of that specific DIV. Then you can hide it via CSS.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.