latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Hiding sample posts from members after logged

Home Forums Community Forum Hiding sample posts from members after logged

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  ciprian a 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Nov 5th, 2013 at 7:18 am #60880
ciprian a
Username: im570rm

Hello,
So i’m trying to hide (not protect, actually hide ) specific posts from members (after they logged in) that only guests can see.
Please note members cannot register for free (level 0 ) and i only have 1 membership level (level 1)
For example under category movies i want to have:
-a post containing movie1 sample ( that only guests should see it)
-a post movie1 full movie ( that only members should see it )

Currently …members see both the sample post and the full movie post ,i want them to see only the full movie post:/

I managed to hide from guests all member pages,posts,etc using Restriction Options->Alternative View Protection .
But to hide sample posts/pages from members i couldn’t find anything ,i’ve been searching for hours,i don’t even know if it’s possible .
Any help will be apreciated.
Thanks in advance.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Nov 5th, 2013 at 7:33 pm #60893
cassel
Username: cassel

Instead of hiding pages or posts, you can hide the content. For example, using the conditional, you can have something like this:

[s2If is_user_logged_in()]
   content that you want seen by only the registered and logged in members.
[/s2If]

[s2If !is_user_logged_in()]
    content that you want seen by only the non-logged in members
[/s2If] 

I do something like that on my own site where there is content for non-logged in members, content for logged in but not paid members and content for logged in and paid members. Everything is on a single page, but everyone sees only what they are supposed to see. It makes for fewer pages in the long run too!

Posted: Tuesday Nov 5th, 2013 at 11:56 pm #60895
ciprian a
Username: im570rm

that would work too thank you cassel.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.