latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Home Page Not Showing

Home Forums Community Forum Home Page Not Showing

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Oct 22nd, 2012 at 1:32 pm #29285

Hi, using Version 120703 + s2Member Pro v120703 on Firefox 16.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.7.5 – Running Quick Cache Version 111203 – emptied all Quick Caches, emptied Firefox’s caches, rebooted.

URL: http://members.skinnychef.com

I created a new home page and defined it under >> SETTINGS >> READING >> FRONT PAGE DISPLAYS STATIC PAGE >> FRONT PAGE: The Smart Way: Eat Yourself Into Shape

But the homepage is only shown to logged in members. If you’re not logged in, you’ll see the old homepage (a page which has been deleted!) What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Uli

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  Uli Iserloh.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Oct 22nd, 2012 at 2:57 pm #29317
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Did you make sure that the page you’re selecting has not been restricted anywhere in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options? If it’s only being shown to logged in members, I would suspect that it’s restricted somewhere.

However, I think this might be a problem only on your computer, as I just visited the URL you linked above and the page loaded right up. See screenshot below:

Posted: Tuesday Oct 23rd, 2012 at 11:55 am #29412

Raam,
[1] Page has no restrictions, checked.
[2] The page that you’re seeing has been deleted from the system… how can it still show up? Cache folder is empty.
[3] Page should look like this:

Uli

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 5:20 am #29473

What caching plugin are you using? Does it have a button to update the cache?

Also, not sure if it’ll help, but just guessing here: save your s2 General Options page again, same for your WP reading settings, and the permalinks settings, even if you didn’t make changes. I mention this because similar errors I’ve seen in the past, although not exactly the same, were fixed when re-saving one those.

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 8:29 am #29509

Cristian,
thanks for weighing in… after thinking it through, I concluded that it must be something related to caching. So I removed the quick-cache plugin/folder, then reinstalled… same outcome.

Then I looked at my wp-config.php, and there was this nasty little remnant from when I was using W3TC… after removing all of that and its associated folders, the problem was resolved. Duh.

Issue resolved.

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 2:18 pm #29552
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Thanks for the update, Uli. Glad to hear you fixed this. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.