latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How a member can upgrade himself?

Home Forums Community Forum How a member can upgrade himself?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  cassel 3 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Nov 28th, 2013 at 4:54 pm #61479

Hi I want to buy the S2member Pro but I do not see anywhere how the member will upgrade himself (from the frontend) to an upper level. I meant a subscriber should be able to upgrade to level1 and a paid member too should be allowed to upgrade from level1 to level2.

The second question is: how the recurrent payment works? I meant if a set paid level1 membership for 39.99 for 1 month, the member should receive a notice 3 days before the expiration and if he does not cancel it, his account should be debited and his membership renew automatically. Is it how S2member works?

Last question: How to display the levels (with my labels) on the registration form to allow members to choose their levels? The member will be redirected to PayPal if he chooses a paid level.

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Dec 1st, 2013 at 5:33 pm #61555

~ AUTO-GENERATED NOTICE

Action taken: I submitted details via the contact form and referenced this Topic.

Posted: Monday Dec 2nd, 2013 at 11:29 am #61563

I was about to purchase the S2member Pro for a client but the tech support makes me feel so afraid about their product. I posted this thread for 4 days and did not get any answer. I sent a ticket to ask about upgrading from 1 free level to another free level. And still no answer.

Posted: Monday Dec 2nd, 2013 at 10:55 pm #61580
cassel
Username: cassel

Hi I want to buy the S2member Pro but I do not see anywhere how the member will upgrade himself (from the frontend) to an upper level. I meant a subscriber should be able to upgrade to level1 and a paid member too should be allowed to upgrade from level1 to level2.

My guess is that you would have to have a page with a button of some kind that the member can click to “purchase” a higher level registration. You can create a MyAccount page that would simply use conditionals and make it look like it is a backend.

The second question is: how the recurrent payment works? I meant if a set paid level1 membership for 39.99 for 1 month, the member should receive a notice 3 days before the expiration and if he does not cancel it, his account should be debited and his membership renew automatically. Is it how S2member works?

So far, s2Member does not have the option to send emails or notice. If you want to, you can use a mailing service provider that has an autoresponder and it can send a notice like 27 days after registration (or something like that) to inform the member that he will see a recurring payment being processed and he has 3 days to cancel if he chooses. I am using that method.

Last question: How to display the levels (with my labels) on the registration form to allow members to choose their levels? The member will be redirected to PayPal if he chooses a paid level.

I think there is a new feature in the Pro-form that allows you to create a drop down list of different level/payment options. I have not used this feature as I don’t need it, but it was added very recently for that purpose.

Hope this helps.

Posted: Tuesday Dec 3rd, 2013 at 10:17 am #61588

Thanks Cassel.

So far, s2Member does not have the option to send emails or notice. If you want to, you can use a mailing service provider that has an autoresponder and it can send a notice like 27 days after registration (or something like that) to inform the member that he will see a recurring payment being processed and he has 3 days to cancel if he chooses. I am using that method.

How did you set that? Can you give me some tips?

My other question is that I have the Pro and I want a member to be able to upgrade from Level 0 (free) to Level 1 (free also).

Posted: Tuesday Dec 3rd, 2013 at 3:20 pm #61591
cassel
Username: cassel

How did you set that? Can you give me some tips?

S2Member integrates with Aweber and MailChimp (I am using MailChimp myself). I simply created an autoresponder that will send a set email, a couple of weeks before the end of the initial period (for me, it is a 3 months period). I just explain that the 3 month period they paid for is about to finish and a recurring payment will soon appear on their Paypal account, so if they want to cancel, they have a couple of weeks to do so. Although MailChimp can be free, if you want to use the auto-responder, you have to pay, so depending on how many members you have, the fee will vary.

My other question is that I have the Pro and I want a member to be able to upgrade from Level 0 (free) to Level 1 (free also).

Here, I am not entirely sure because I have not used it. I seem to remember seeing somewhere about having a free level 1. You might want to search that. In any case, if you want to offer that option only to level 0 members, you can use a conditional and create a button (or pro-form) that will only display if someone is already a level 0 member. This means that a newcomer would not be able to go straight to level 1, and a level 1 would not have any option available (since they don`t need it anyways).
I hope it helps some.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.