latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How can Members change passwords?

Home Forums Community Forum How can Members change passwords?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Nov 24th, 2012 at 1:57 am #32461

I have s2member set up but my paying members are asking me how to change their passwords….

I thought it was as simple as logging in and clicking on their user name in the top right corner, going to account info, and changing password but when you click on that user name in the top corner, it just redirects right back to the main membership page…

Can members change passwords somehow?

Thanks everyone!

Matt

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Nov 24th, 2012 at 3:48 am #32462
cassel
Username: cassel

The simplest way i know is to pretend they want to log in, and click “Lost your password?” and that will lead to the steps needed to reset a new password.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 7:03 pm #32843

For some reason, even that step is not working anymore. Members can no longer change passwords themselves… Do you know why this is happening?

Posted: Thursday Nov 29th, 2012 at 10:35 am #32907
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Matthew,

That’s strange… Have you checked under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Member Profile Modifications? Also, make sure that by no means you are blocking the login page (URI restrictions Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions).

– Eduan

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.