latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How can we have different vertical membership

Home Forums Community Forum How can we have different vertical membership

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 8:11 am #54592

Hello,

s2Member is great for tiered access membership where Level 2 has access to Levels 1 and 0, and where Level 1 has access to Level 0, etc.

But I need to do something different.

Spark up ’cause this is gonna be different.

How can we use s2Member so that we have multiple vertical channels (groups) each with their own levels?

Groups: A, B, C, etc… and Levels: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc…

Where each group only has access to that group’s areas.

So since I’m from California, let’s say our groups are Fruits, Nuts and Flakes.

Level 2 Flakes cannot access the Level 2 areas of the Fruits and Nuts, and vice-versa.

And to make it even more challenging, how can we have a group which has access to everything in all the Fruits, Nuts and Flakes areas? Let’s call that the NSA Government group :)

If this is not natively possible, then perhaps this could be accomplished with a multi-site where the subsites would be the dividers and subscribers would sign up on the Fruits, or Nuts or Flakes subsite, but the master site would grant subscribers access to all subsites.

How can I accomplish this with s2M?

Thank you,

Chris

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 12:24 pm #54605

Quite simple to accomplish this w/ s2Member®.
Please see: Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)
See also: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Roles/Capabilities

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.