latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How do I change the default role with free s2

Home Forums Community Forum How do I change the default role with free s2

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Aug 7th, 2012 at 6:10 pm #21396

I am using s2Member version 120703 (Free). I want to change the default role from subscriber to author.
I don’t want to use BuddyPress and don’t like to use Hacks, so could someone suggest or advise how to go about making this change. Is it possible to force the change by changing the value of the level setting, ie. 1,2,3…
Thank you for help.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 8th, 2012 at 11:41 am #21524
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Lucien,

One thing you could do is use the Role Editor plugin to change the role of level 0-5.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Aug 8th, 2012 at 1:27 pm #21535

Dear Eduan,

This plugin looks very interesting and I will give it a try.

This however brings me to another issue I have with s2Member related to the roles. I want users to be able to post articles but I noticed that there is the option to restrict which membership level can see that particular post (“Post Level Restriction”).

I do not want to allow this. Would “Role Editor” resolve this or can you suggest a better solution.

Also if I set the user level to “Author” (I used the s2-hacks.php work around), the logged in user sees all media including what the “Administrator” published. I expected that only the creator of the post, comment and media can only see their own items and not that of others. How can you avoid this?

Thank you again for your help.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 8th, 2012 at 9:52 pm #21582
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hmm, I’m afraid most of what you want will have to be hacked in to s2member directly, you would have to reinvent the wheel in this case in other words, for this bit.

You can use websites like elance.com jobs.wordpress.net or something along those lines.

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.