latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How do I integrate Clickbank?

Home Forums Community Forum How do I integrate Clickbank?

This topic contains 53 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Page 2 Of Topic Replies

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 6:20 am #13490

By the way, got the test card, but now I don’t know if you want to go ahead with that testing if the product wasn’t approved. Let me know.

Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 8:26 am #13516

Hello Cristiàn,
Yes I want to learn what was wrong, and when I will have a physical product to sale into CB, I will be ready.
I want to go ahead please. the HTTP_POST error should be independant of the product.
I watched the video with iDevAffiliate, and the main question is how to manage the refunds and the unsubscribers ?
If I found a way, I keep using s2M because it is a great tool.

Regards.
DavidR

Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 6:07 pm #13557

I see, then let’s leave it for that time when you have a product there. The integration procedure may have changed a bit by then, Jason is recoding all the gateway integrations.

The Notifications API includes refunds and cancellations, so you can use it to inform iDevAffiliate to adjust the commissions. It doesn’t manage the actual money transfers, that’s something you’ll have to do. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Cancellation Notifications[/hilite]

In that sense ClickBank is convenient. Even if your product is actually a service, you can still sell it as a “product”. Just set it up so he gets access to a restricted area of your site, even if just a page, and that should be fine. Then deliver the consultation the way you normally would and keep that page for “resources”, for example.

I hope that helps!

Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 8:16 pm #13579

Thanks Cristián. For some reason I’m still having a ton of trouble setting this up. Unfortunately about the throw my hands up on it… Would love to make it work though.

Also, do I need to use a clickbank button in order to integrate with clickbank or is that just an extra feature?

Thanks,
Scott

Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 9:20 pm #13585

Hey Cristian –

I thought I had everything set up but then when I went to test out the clickbank thank you page it says:

By test out, I mean I copied the Thank you page URL and pasted it in my browser “http://liveyourlegend.net/?s2member_pro_clickbank_return=1”

“ERROR: Unable to verify POST vars. Please contact Support for assistance.

This is most likely related to an invalid ClickBank® configuration. If you are the site owner, please check: s2Member -> ClickBank® Options.”

How do I fix this? I believe I did everything you said.

I also saw that you said:

“The panels have the instructions you need for the integration with s2Member. ClickBank itself needs you to fill out some extra things on their side, besides the values that s2Member gives you, though, like that pitch page and I don’t remember if there’s something else.”

What are all the things I need to do on the clickbank side? I am not seeing these instructions.

Thanks,
Scott

Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 12:01 am #13605

What you need on the ClickBank side to set up a product is covered in their support docs.

In ClickBank you’ll need to enter two URLs that s2Member provides: the IPN and the than-you page ones, which you get from:

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› IPN Integration[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› Thank-You Page Integration[/hilite]

By test out, I mean I copied the Thank you page URL and pasted it in my browser “http://liveyourlegend.net/?s2member_pro_clickbank_return=1″

That’ll give you an error like that, because that URL is supposed to be loaded by ClickBank after checkout, which includes POST data, which will be absent if you just load the URL in your browser.

To test the ClickBank integration after you set it up, first enable logging and then, with a test card provided by ClickBank, do a purchase of the product. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

Also, do I need to use a clickbank button in order to integrate with clickbank or is that just an extra feature?

No, you can use another image if you want. There’s an image attribute in the shortcode for the button, which lets you enter the URL to your custom one. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> image[/hilite]

Thanks Cristián. For some reason I’m still having a ton of trouble setting this up. Unfortunately about the throw my hands up on it… Would love to make it work though.

We’re trying to make it simpler, but all those values on both sides are needed to make the integration work, that’s the way ClickBank works. If you keep having trouble, you can try hiring someone set this up.

I hope that helps!

Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 2:35 am #13628

@ Cristiàn
No I don’t want to leave it, I want to fix that issue, please.
You gave me a good idea, I have already a product, I just need to change the description.
I will follow your advice, I give access to video ressources, which is my past previous maths explanations, and I will offer the consultation (like a bonus).

Let’s go and fix the problem, what do you need, I create a new credit card number, I have already create a product, I must set it up on my page, but it will not too long ? I can create a test page with that CB button, with the video ressources, just for your test and to submit it as quick as possible to CB.

Regards,

David

Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 3:15 am #13630

Sure, just set it up as best as possible following the documentation and my explanations earlier. Then do a test purchase using the test card from CB, and logging enabled in s2Member. If there’s a problem, check the log entries for the transaction and post them here x’ing out any private info, please. :)

Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 10:20 am #13663

Thanks Cristian. That’s encouraging that that thank you page should not have been working. Will try it right now.

Im still confused about the clickbank button or “another image” as you mentioned below. I don’t know why I’d need any of this. Is any of this necessary? What page would this image or button go on and where would it take people? I already have a sales page with buy links to clickbank. What else do I need?

I’m referring to this exchange we had from above:

Scott: Also, do I need to use a clickbank button in order to integrate with clickbank or is that just an extra feature?
Cristian: No, you can use another image if you want. There’s an image attribute in the shortcode for the button, which lets you enter the URL to your custom one. Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> image

Thanks!
Scott

Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 10:27 am #13664

I just went through the test purchase process and got this error on the thank you page once I completed the purchase:

—–
[ liveyourlegend.net ] says…
ERROR: Unable to verify $_SERVER[“HTTP_HOST”].
Please contact Support for assistance.

If you are the site owner, please check the custom value in your Button Code. It MUST start with your domain name.

Please let me know what to do next.

Thanks!
Scott

Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 4:15 pm #13688

Is this the pitch page? http://passion.liveyourlegend.net/official-launch/

If so, the buttons there are ClickBank’s, but not integrated with s2Member. To have this work with s2Member, you have to use the shortcode for the button. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Buttons -› Membership Level # Buttons[/hilite]

Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 5:28 pm #13693
Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 5:36 pm #13694

I used that code and it brought me to the order page on clickbank. Then I used a test credit card it gave me this error message:
—–
[ liveyourlegend.net ] says…
ERROR: Unable to modify Subscription.
Please contact Support for assistance.

The existing User ID is associated with an Administrator. Stopping here. Otherwise, an Administrator could lose access. Please make sure that you are NOT logged in as an Administrator while testing.
—-

I logged out of WP and tried again. Then I used my wife’s email and name for the test purchase and tried again. The same thing happened both times.

What is causing this?

Also to be sure i have this right, here is what I put for my clickbank secret key url:

Instant Notification URL:
http://liveyourlegend.net/?s2member_pro_clickbank_notify=1 version: 2.1

Thanks-

Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 5:55 pm #13697

That’s because, although you logged out, you probably used the same URL generated when you were still logged in. The URL has the var s2_referencing=1, where user ID 1 is the admin account.

You need to use the shortcode in the page and load the page again once you logged out, so a new URL gets generated. Also, don’t hardcode the URL in the page, keep using the shortcode so s2Member generates a new URL on each page load.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 4:34 pm #13798

Thanks. I am almost sure I logged out and then clicked on the buy link and I got that same error.

I think I do need to hard code the link on my sales page for the buy button since my buy button is different than the standard clickbank one you guys provide.

Given that I have my own button I want to use, how do I make that button link to the sales page, using the S2member link code? I don’t think I can use the short code in this case on my sales page.

Please let me know-

Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 4:46 pm #13801

Well, you need to use the shortcode for ClickBank to work with s2Member, because s2Member adds a signature for the transaction, which is custom for each user, and without the signature there s2Member won’t give the proper access to the user after checkout.

How does your button need to be different from the one generated by s2Member? If it’s just the image, you can use the [hilite mono]image[/hilite] attribute in the shortcode.

Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 8:23 pm #13828

I see.

Yes the only difference is the button image as you can see on my sales page passion.liveyourlegend.net/official-launch/.

I am hosting that with unbounce. What is the process for using my image with your short code? Im not familiar with using short codes like this (or really any way for that matter).

Do you think this will solve my problem with the integration or do I still have other things to fix based on my explanation?

Thanks!
Scott

Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 12:08 am #13838

If all that’s custom about your button is the image, then that’s all you’d need to update in the shortcode for the button. It’s very simple, in the image attribute just enter the URL to the image.

image="http://unbouncepages-com.s3.amazonaws.com/passion.liveyourlegend.net/official-launch/left-side.original_4qd4yjxjgeh2e0hs.jpg"
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> image[/hilite]
Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 7:06 pm #14112

Ok so to be clear, I go into the s2member directory and change image=”default” to image=”http://unbouncepages-com.s3.amazonaws.com/passion.liveyourlegend.net/official-launch/left-side.original_4qd4yjxjgeh2e0hs.jpg”

Then what do I do with the short code?

And what about the fact that there are other images and links on my sales page that go to the order page. For instance, if they click the image of the price, it takes them to the order page. What do I do about this?

Also, once I change the short code for the button, how can I insert it onto my sales page since everything has been placed using a visual editor? There must be a way to just add different linked text/code to the button image, no?

Please let me know on all these things.

Thanks- I really hope we’re getting close to having this all set up. Amazing how much is involved in what I thought was simple process ;)

Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 8:34 pm #14116

Don’t use the buttons you have now with the link that wasn’t generated by s2Member. Instead use the shortcode wherey the buttons go. :)

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 6:41 pm #14643

I don’t understand how to put the short code into my visual editor in Unbounce for my landing page.

Also, you still didn’t answer all the other questions I asked above. I copied them again below.

1. How do I use the short code when I have multiple imagines that can be clicked to purchase (such as the download button, the image of the price, a smaller download button, and a text download link). I don’t understand how one short code will work for each of these.

From my last entry:

2. Ok so to be clear, I go into the s2member directory and change image=”default” to image=”http://unbouncepages-com.s3.amazonaws.com/passion.liveyourlegend.net/official-launch/left-side.original_4qd4yjxjgeh2e0hs.jpg”
Is this correct?

3. Then what do I do with the short code especially since I have multiple buy images above.

Also, once I change the short code for the button, how can I insert it onto my sales page since everything has been placed using a visual editor? There must be a way to just add different linked text/code to the button image, no?

I really appreciate your help Christian, but I just cannot believe how long this has taken to resolve and how complicated it’s been (at least for a non technical guy like me). I really really need to get it complete next week (Since you’re already gone this week). I have lost a number of sales due to this page not being secure and I purchased your service to fix that.

I know it’s not you’re fault. I am just a bit frustrated. Please let me know how we can get this resolved.

Thanks,
Scott

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 10:29 pm #14648

I can understand you’re frustrated, Scott, this kind of things one wants to just get over with when working on a project.

The change in images is very simple, you just use a different image URL in the image attribute each time you want to change it. Changing the image won’t affect the order data, so they’ll all lead to the same sale, even if they have different images. For example:

[hilite mono][Member-Pro-ClickBank-Button cbp="0" level="1" ccaps="" desc="Description" custom="yoursite.com" tp="0" tt="D" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" image="http://url.to/image-1.jpg" output="anchor" /][/hilite] [hilite mono][s2Member-Pro-ClickBank-Button cbp="0" level="1" ccaps="" desc="Description" custom="yoursite.com" tp="0" tt="D" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" image="http://url.to/image-2.jpg" output="anchor" /][/hilite] [hilite mono][s2Member-Pro-ClickBank-Button cbp="0" level="1" ccaps="" desc="Description" custom="yoursite.com" tp="0" tt="D" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" image="http://url.to/image-3.jpg" output="anchor" /][/hilite]

The shortcodes work in the WordPress visual editor. I don’t know about the one you’re using, though. It should work if the editor is good for WordPress, since shortcodes are a default feature of WordPress, not something only s2Member uses, s2Member just defines a few new ones.

I hope that helps.

Posted: Sunday May 27th, 2012 at 9:09 pm #14784

Ok thanks. I will try this. Unbounce is not on wordpress. It’s a separate visual editor for landing pages. I will try the shortcode on that.

Also I still have not gotten clarification from you on this question:

To get the right image, I go into the s2member directory and change image=”default” to image=”http://unbouncepages-com.s3.amazonaws.com/passion.liveyourlegend.net/official-launch/left-side.original_4qd4yjxjgeh2e0hs.jpg”
Is this correct?

Should this be the last step?

Thanks,
Scott

Posted: Sunday May 27th, 2012 at 9:54 pm #14791

I don’t know how the Unbounce service will work with WordPress attributes, but if it fails, just go to your WP dashboard and edit from there, I guess.

About the image, you don’t need to go to any s2Member directory, just change the image attribute in the shortcode. I posted some examples earlier, and you can read about the attribute here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> image[/hilite]

Posted: Sunday May 27th, 2012 at 10:01 pm #14794

Thanks for the very quick response. Hopefully it works in unbounce. Unfortunately I won’t be able to edit in my WP dashboard since Unbounce is a separate system.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.