latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How do I stop a subscriber re-subscribing?

Home Forums Community Forum How do I stop a subscriber re-subscribing?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 15th, 2013 at 3:55 am #55854
ASTT
Username: astt2013

I currently have a subscriber who has consistently broken the user agreement of my site.

I can cancel his subscription but how do I prevent him from subscribing again in the future?

How would I block his email, IP or Credit card etc?

Is this something I can do through s2member or something that I need to arrange in PAYPAL?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 15th, 2013 at 7:23 pm #55919

I recommend that you block this visitor to prevent unwanted interaction with them in any way. You can accomplish this with the .htaccess file in your WordPress directory.

Add these lines to the top of the file, where 1.2.3.4.5 should be replaced with the IP you want to block (and you can add a new line like this for each IP you want to block from the site in the future).

order allow,deny
deny from 1.2.3.4.5
allow from all

See also: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/block-ips-with-htaccess

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.