latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to add a Custom Capability?

Home Forums Community Forum How to add a Custom Capability?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Oct 13th, 2012 at 8:53 pm #28363

I am having very good success with my new install of S2Member Pro. I have everything working well … I think.

My site is for a non-profit organization and I have several membership types–some paid and one free.

I would like to use S2Member to also collect and track some additional paid items. For example, I would like to have our members sign up for and pay for our Annual Luncheon.

It looks like I should be able to do this with individual Custom Capabilities and have them added to an existing member’s account, you can use the Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Capability (Buy Now) Forms.

But, how do add the Custom Capability?

Thanks,
Bill

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Oct 15th, 2012 at 8:25 am #28405

Hi Bill.

But, how do add the Custom Capability?

What do you mean? To the user or to protect the content?

For the user to get the custom capability, he has to purchase it with the Individual Capability pro-form/button. He has to be logged in to his account when he loads the page where that pro-form/button is.

To protect a post/page with the custom capability, just add it to the s2Member box in the sidebar. This video may help: Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)

Posted: Monday Oct 15th, 2012 at 4:48 pm #28465

Video(s) were very helpful. I think I understand how to implement and use ccap’s with my posts and pages. Basically, I am trying to implement types of memberships not levels. So, I have corporate ($150), individual ($10), gov’t employee (free). With paid subscription, all gain access to additional info on site (level 1 access) right?

What I am trying to implement with ccap’s then is the ability to distinguish which type of member I am dealing with. And, more specifically, I need to develop lists (I’m using the “amr users plus” plugin to generate lists) and displays the lists on the front-end. Can I filter a list in amr users plus by ccap and by multiple ccap’s?

Further, I want to send emails through MailChimp and target the email to specific member types, e.g. send an email to all of the members with ccap_individual?

Finally, how would I bulk add ccap’s to my current members?

Thanks,
Bill

Posted: Wednesday Oct 17th, 2012 at 12:02 am #28627

Hi William.

Video(s) were very helpful. I think I understand how to implement and use ccap’s with my posts and pages. Basically, I am trying to implement types of memberships not levels. So, I have corporate ($150), individual ($10), gov’t employee (free). With paid subscription, all gain access to additional info on site (level 1 access) right?

That’d be fine. Content that’s the same for all can be protected with the Level, and content for each particular group with the ccap.

What I am trying to implement with ccap’s then is the ability to distinguish which type of member I am dealing with. And, more specifically, I need to develop lists (I’m using the “amr users plus” plugin to generate lists) and displays the lists on the front-end. Can I filter a list in amr users plus by ccap and by multiple ccap’s?

I’m not sure how to do that with AMR Users, but you could ask its developer, who seems to be on the ball with the plugin and also developed support for s2Member custom profile fields.

Further, I want to send emails through MailChimp and target the email to specific member types, e.g. send an email to all of the members with ccap_individual?

You can add the ccaps of the user as merge fields in MailChimp, which would let you filter the list based on them. http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/s2member-mailchimp-and-ccaps/#post-17078

Finally, how would I bulk add ccap’s to my current members?

You can use the Export/Import tools for that. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member[/hilite]

This will be useful too: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15345#p45063

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.