latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to change the Standard Registration Form"

Home Forums Community Forum How to change the Standard Registration Form"

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Sep 4th, 2012 at 12:00 pm #24038
Jura Website
Username: juraweb

I am building a website in a different language and would like to know how to change the “Standard Registration Form” (*Username*, *Email*, *First Name*, *Last Name*) so I can add the fields in a different language?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Sep 4th, 2012 at 9:16 pm #24101
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member
Posted: Friday Sep 7th, 2012 at 9:11 am #24514
Jura Website

Hi Raam,

Thank you for your reply.

After reading your recommendations I researched the issue and came up with this thread http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/translation-front-end/ which was a bite more self explanatory as it explains step-by-step what to do.

Although I translated the .pot file, created a .mo file and copied it from
/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/translations/s2member-pt_BR.mo to
/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pt_BR.mo when I access the “Custom Fields will appear in your Standard Registration Form, and in User/Member Profiles:
(http://www.1hwebsite.com/wp-login.php?action=register)” the page shows up in English again.

Am I missing a step here?

I also tried to find a “sharing .mo files page” on S2member forum but couldn’t find anything. Could you please also show me where to send my .mo file in Brazilian Portuguese to, so other members can benefit from my 1 hour work?

I do appreciate your reply and willingness to help.

Cheers,

Jura.

Posted: Saturday Sep 8th, 2012 at 5:41 am #24600

Hi Jura.

You can share your translation here: http://www.s2member.com/forums/forum/community/translations/

Muito obrigado! :)

Posted: Sunday Sep 9th, 2012 at 5:50 pm #24698
Jura Website

Thank you Cristian for you reply, however it doesn`t help me at all.

Could you please point me to where I can find instruction on how to create a form (not the Standard Registration Form)?

I really would like to set up this website so I can start to make something out of it, but it requires registration for free accounts and then paid registration for different access.

I couldn`t find yet a video or a thread explaining how to create a form so I can paste on my “Membership Options Page”, could you please give me some guidance?

Thank you very much.

Jura.

Posted: Sunday Sep 9th, 2012 at 5:58 pm #24699
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Jura,

If you want to have a registration form (paid or free) besides the wp.login.php one, then you will need to have the pro version of s2Member so that you can take advantage of s2Member pro-forms.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 1:31 pm #25591
Jura
Username: jura

Hi Eduan,

Thanks for your reply.

As for your recommendation I bought the s2member Pro and already started to try a few things, however once more I got stuck on changing the “Standard Registration Form”.

I read a thread “Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates?” on http://www.s2member.com/faqs/#s2-faqs-pro-form-template-mods, but perhaps my lack of sufficient skills let me down.

I could not understand where to paste the standard form when I read “You can take the default templates, and place some (or all of them) into your own WordPress® theme directory.” So I created a directory called theme/includes/forms and pasted all of the forms there. Is that the right place to paste them? If not, where should I paste them?

I disabled the standard entries (*Username*, *Email*, *First Name*, *Last Name*) by adding on paypal-registration-form.php under the directory I created “theme/includes/forms”, however I still couldn’t modify the form on my website.

I need to modify this “Standard Form” as I would like the form to be in Portuguese. I already translated all the front-end fields and created a .mo file, but for some reason I am not aware of the standard form do not read the .mo file.

Could anyone assist me if this issue as the only reason I bought the s2member Pro was to modify the standard form?

I appreciate your earliest reply.

Cheers,

Jura.

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 1:41 pm #25593
Jura
Username: jura

Hi Eduan,

I just tried to paste the “paypal-registration-form.php” file under the theme directory and it worked. However it is still showing words in English and the Registration header is gone.

Words like “Signup now, it’s Free!”, “Additional Info”, “Security Code”, “Complete Registration” and he button “Submit form” have to be in Portuguese.

Is there a way I can change edit the headers so I can still use the set up but with the words in Portuguese?

I hope this thread will help others with translation issues.

Cheers,

Jura.

Posted: Tuesday Sep 18th, 2012 at 2:07 am #25669
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jura,

Have you tried using contextual filters to change the text?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.