latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to create multi registration forms..

Home Forums Community Forum How to create multi registration forms..

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 10:27 am #20611
Helen
Username: themedutch

Hi there,

Can someone please explain how to create say 4 registration forms, and all free members. The reason is this, I wood like to offer 4 free member ships, and 4 different welcome’s pages. Is this possible?

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 11:46 am #20613
Devra
Username: devrag

I have the exact same questions.

Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 3:41 pm #20625
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Helen and Devra,

This isn’t possible with s2Member, you can only offer 1 free level, that said, since you have the pro version of s2Member you can offer higher levels (paid levels) for free, using the free registration pro-form, you can find an article here: Knowledge Base » Offering Paid Member Registration for Free, Using Pro-Forms

For the different welcome pages, I’m pretty sure this isn’t possible, as-is, you can use s2Member conditionals in order to check the user’s level and display something different depending on that. Here’s an article about them: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Conditionals

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 3:42 am #20656
Helen
Username: themedutch

Thanks Eduan, I will look into this.

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 11:21 pm #20731

When I install S2, it creates a registration form that integrates with BuddyPress “Activate”. Is it possible to add this “activation” routine with these “Pro-Forms”? i.e.

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form register="1" level="0" ccaps="" desc="Signup now, it's Free!" custom="your-website-url.com" tp="0" tt="D" captcha="clean" /]
Posted: Tuesday Jul 31st, 2012 at 4:38 am #20751

I’m sure you can put the name of the success/welcome page in the pro form. Like [ success=”success/” ]

success=”” 100% optional. This can be used to create a Custom Return URL on success. Please see the sub-section above titled: Custom Return URLs on Success.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 31st, 2012 at 11:55 am #20817

I’ve added that to my

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form register="1" level="4" ccaps="" desc="Not a member? Create your account now!" modify="1" success="wip/welcome-artist/?subscr_id=%%subscr_id%%" tp="0" tt="D" captcha="clean" /]

section without a problem. My issue or reason for doing it like this is I’m wanting to offer certain groups the ability to register for free at a certain level, but have another registration form for paid subcriptions. With the original “Register” page (created during installation), I still got unwanted users (i.e. username:=”kilknlakndiubn”) who were able to create an account immediately without a challenge (capthca) or validation/verification. The thing I’m wanting and missing doing the registrations this way, is the activation key routine (BP?) on the original, that the user had to enter successfully after the “Complete Sign-up”. It all boils down to this… I’m getting accounts created by ‘spammers’ and need a way of NOT creating the account until after solving the captcha and entering the emailed activation key.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Michael Phillips. Reason: Corrected the "register=" section of code
Posted: Wednesday Aug 1st, 2012 at 1:21 am #20868
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Michael,

If you add captcha=”clean” to your shortcode (as you have in your example above), a captcha will appear along with the Pro-Form registration form and will require completion of the captcha to proceed.

If you want to allow free registrations that require a captcha, then you won’t be able to use /wp-login.php?action=register. Instead, you can create a separate page for free registrations and use the Pro-Form Free Registration form (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms) that includes a captcha.

Then, you can disable /wp-login.php?action=register by turning off Open Registrations in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Open Registration, which will prevent spammers from submitting registrations.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 1st, 2012 at 10:27 am #20912
Devra

Although I have the Pro version, I am still working with the free version which I am more familiar with. Need to decide between authorize.net or paypal Pro, then do some setting up first.

In the meantime, with the free version os s2, still using the free registration for, would it not be possible to set a checkbox, say for teacher or student, just before the link to registration. Then pass that value to the registration form. Then with CSS, couldn’t we hide certain fields on the registration form for a student who doesn’t need teacher fields?

Thanks.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 1st, 2012 at 10:29 am #20913
Devra

SORRY for the typos above. What I meant was:

Although I have the Pro version, I am still working with the free version of s2 which I am more familiar with. Need to decide between authorize.net or paypal Pro, then do some setting up first.

In the meantime, with the free version of s2, still using the free registration form, would it not be possible to set a checkbox, say for teacher or student, just before the link to registration? Then pass that value to the registration form? Then with CSS, couldn’t we hide certain fields on the registration form for a student who doesn’t need teacher fields?

Posted: Wednesday Aug 1st, 2012 at 3:21 pm #20928

Raam, thanks for your reply…

Re: “If you add captcha=”clean” to your shortcode (as you have in your example above), a captcha will appear along with the Pro-Form registration form and will require completion of the captcha to proceed.”
I have captcha in my code. (See my code snippet above?). Not a problem.

Re: “If you want to allow free registrations that require a captcha, then you won’t be able to use /wp-login.php?action=register. Instead, you can create a separate page for free registrations and use the Pro-Form Free Registration form (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms) that includes a captcha.”
Again, see my code snippet above. This is what I’m doing. I have 2 versions (pages) created with Pro-Forms this way.

My question has to do with the Activation key routine that was generated with the original /wp-login.php?action=register. Is there a way to integrate that using this method?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Michael Phillips. Reason: Addressed to Support rep "Raam"
Posted: Thursday Aug 2nd, 2012 at 2:17 am #20963
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Michael,

I’m not sure what you’re referring to by “Activation key routine”. Could you please explain?

Devra,

Yes, you could do that. That is not a feature of s2Member, so you’d need to handle that additional custom code yourself. If you want to offer different pages/features to different sets of free members, you should use Custom Capabilities.

By assigning different Custom Capabilities to your free users (the Free Registration form can be Dynamically Configured with these custom capabilities), you can control which free users see which pages (then you can even do things like check the Custom Capabilities upon login and redirect them to special login welcome pages).

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.