latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to disable the "free subscription" level

Home Forums Community Forum How to disable the "free subscription" level

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Aug 21st, 2012 at 10:26 am #22653

Hello,

I’m a newbie on the forum. I’ve tried to find a thread or a documentation on the way to disable the level 0 (the free subscription level).

I just want 2 levels (monthly and yearly).

The free subscribers are in fact manage on another website.

Thank you for any tips or link towards a good piece of content.

F

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 21st, 2012 at 11:21 am #22659

Ok I understand that I need a “free subscriber” level to demote subscriber (if the stop their subscription or something like that).

I still need to figure how to block these free subscribers (maybe to give them access to only one specific page suggesting them to renew their subscription …)

Posted: Wednesday Aug 22nd, 2012 at 7:37 am #22713
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Francois,

You can simply restrict your content to Level 1 or higher. If you do that, Level 0 users will not be able to access the Level 1 or higher content. Then you can use Advanced PHP conditionals (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals) to check if the user visiting the Membership Options Page is a Level 0 user. If they are Level 0, you can show them a message that offers an upgrade.

When members are automatically downgraded and they try to access protected content, they will be redirected to the Membership Options Page and that’s where they will see the upgrade message.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.