latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to display Login Form

Home Forums Community Forum How to display Login Form

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 4:17 pm #18953

Hi,

I am brand new to S2 and have a very newbie question.

I have a site with 3 levels of access. All levels are free. I have gone ahead and set up levels 0 – 2 and protected the various pages. However, when I go to a protected page the login screen does not display. What i do see is the blank page I created as my “Member” page. How would I go about just having the login screen displaying when a user tried to access a protected area?

Thank you very much,
Michael

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Eduan. Reason: Moved to the customer support forums

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Sep 2nd, 2012 at 12:16 pm #23862

Hi, did you ever get this sorted Michael, as I have the same problem.

thanks
David.

Posted: Sunday Sep 2nd, 2012 at 5:35 pm #23871

s2member seems to always redirect users to the page you have set as your “membership options” page. However, if you go to “API / Scripting > Membership Options Page / Variables in” s2member, you will read that you can make use of something called MOP(Membership Option Page) variables, which in short, you can use to tell s2member what the user was trying to access when they were redirected to the membership options page. Based on those variables, you can will need to use PHP conditional tags to include the s2member login form(pro version only). This will require PHP skills though…

I haven’t used the variables yet, but if you try to access your content without being logged in, take a look at your address bar and notice how there are a lot of extra parameters there. That’s s2member giving you info about what you tried to access. If I said anything wrong, someone pleas correct me. I am a newb too :)

Posted: Monday Sep 3rd, 2012 at 6:20 am #23924

You can have a login form in the Membership Options page using the s2Member Pro Login Widget via PHP. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Pro Login Widget (via PHP)[/hilite] ;)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.