latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to distinguish Free trial from paid

Home Forums Community Forum How to distinguish Free trial from paid

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Aug 28th, 2012 at 3:42 pm #23336
James Halski
Username: jhalski

Hello,

We currently have a free 2 week trial set up for our site. I was wondering if there is any easy way to see who is on a free 2 week trial and who is a full paid member without having to keep track of who signed up?

Right now we have to keep track of who signed up, go into our users (we use wordpress) and see if they have a PaidSubscriber ID. If they are a “paid member” and they do not have one, we assume they are on a free trial, then 2 weeks later, once they get charged, they should then get a paidsub ID and we’ll know they are now a paid member.

Just wondering if there was any easier way to get a list of all of our free trial members. Thank you!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 29th, 2012 at 9:37 pm #23499
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi James,

On my personal site, I use a Custom Capability to track who received free trails. In your Pro-Form or signup button that includes a free trial, you’d simply add a Custom Capability like “freetrial”. Then, after they signup, you’ll see in the Custom Capabilities column of the users list who signed up with the free trial.

For more information on using Custom Capabilities, please see Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities).

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.