latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to filter s2Member Users?

Home Forums Community Forum How to filter s2Member Users?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 12:49 pm #39188
Zechariah
Username: ctabor1

I see I can export all members… but notice that ones that have been unsubscribed are still in the database… so, am assuming they are “demoted” or whatever you call it… and not considered “active”… ?

SO, if I export the list, what do I look for to filter out only the active either at time of export or after export?

We have MemberPro… and thought there was a way to email or send announcements to all active members… but I don’t see that in the S2 Dashboard area or am missing it.. If that’s possible, can avoid the export issue altogether.
Hope you can shed some light.

Reason: We wanted to make an announcement to all active members…
But during registration, it seems that if they don’t opt in or accidentally opt out, they are not on our Mail Chimp list…
Is there a way to assure that all paid registrants get placed in our Mail Chimp db without going thru the opt in process?

Thanks,
Christine

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 4:55 am #39331
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

I see I can export all members… but notice that ones that have been unsubscribed are still in the database… so, am assuming they are “demoted” or whatever you call it… and not considered “active”… ?

You will want to look at the “Role” column in your export file.
Anyone with the “Role” of “subscriber”, is a Free Subscriber (they either never paid, or were demoted).

See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior
You can tell s2Member® to delete upon EOT instead of demoting. Demotion is the default behavior.

We have MemberPro… and thought there was a way to email or send announcements to all active members… but I don’t see that in the S2 Dashboard area or am missing it.. If that’s possible, can avoid the export issue altogether.

Email campaigns are established on the MailChimp side of things (or with AWeber if you prefer). While s2Member integrates with these services, it’s not possible to send mail to everyone from the Dashboard in WP. You would need to send emails using MailChimp or AWeber.

That being said, if you just want to mail everyone in your WP database, there are plugins available for this.
Please see: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/mailpress/

Reason: We wanted to make an announcement to all active members…
But during registration, it seems that if they don’t opt in or accidentally opt out, they are not on our Mail Chimp list…
Is there a way to assure that all paid registrants get placed in our Mail Chimp db without going thru the opt in process?

If you’ve integrated with MailChimp, yes.

Please create this directory and file:
/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-hacks.php
(NOTE: these are MUST USE plugins, see: http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins)
(See also: http://www.s2member.com/kb/hacking-s2member/)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.