latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to Force Registration Before Buy Now?

Home Forums Community Forum How to Force Registration Before Buy Now?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Nov 16th, 2012 at 3:20 am #31748
Mel Richards
Username: melzor

Hi, I’m a web designer evaluating your plugin to see if it does what I need. I’ve installed and tested the free one and gone through your tutorials and documentation, but can’t figure out if what I want to do is possible.

My website is not a paid membership business model, but I do want to sell access to specific individual Posts. I will be creating new unique paid posts very regularly and want to sell them to anyone and have them automatically added to my Mailchimp mailing list. Creating new levels for each new product isn’t an option. I had a look at your Capabilities tutorial, but still unsure this can handle what I need (plus it’s outdated now).

So, my priorities are:
1. User can purchase access to specific posts (or bundles of posts)
2. His email is sent to my Mailchimp list

I imagine the only way to add someone to my mailing list is to force them to register (free level)? But how can I force users to register when I’m using the option to sell specific posts (Buy Now)?

Can your plugin do what I need, or should I rather be using shopping cart plugin? I might sell memberships down the road, so I was hoping your plugin can handle selling single products + free registration.

Thanks.
MR

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Nov 16th, 2012 at 6:59 pm #31839
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Mel,

If you want to automatically subscribe people to MailChimp, you cannot use the Specific Post/Page feature. The MailChimp List integration is only available to Level Memberships. So, you’d need to use Free Subscriptions for this (with s2Member Pro, you can even use the Free Registration Pro-Forms).

Since you’re wanting to sell access to specific posts, you would indeed need to utilize the Custom Capabilities feature. Once someone has signed up, you can offer buttons/forms on each of your posts (or wherever) that sell Custom Capabilities on a one-time basis (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Capability (Buy Now) Buttons). That would allow members to purchase a Custom Capability and that capability would give them access to a specific post (you would simply restrict each post with its own custom capability).

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.