latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to handle invoiced subscribers

Home Forums Community Forum How to handle invoiced subscribers

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 29th, 2013 at 1:05 pm #50846
Skip Shean
Username: skipshean

Have a bit of a strange situation, wondering how you’d structure things.

Site has one subscription level, but in addition to taking credit card payments via authorize.net gateway, they also offer corporate clients the ability to invoice / direct bill — in essence, writing a check for access.

They then give their employees that are going to get access the URL for them to sign up individually.

How would you handle this in structuring the levels?

I’m thinking of making all of the invoice clients “level 2”, but I don’t want to require a credit card for them to get access — in essence, make it a free level, but hidden or maybe require a coupon?

I can do the setup, but I can’t figure out how to best handle the structure of:

• Invoice clients
  • Not require credit card
  • Only allow the right people access to that level
  • Ideally control the number of individuals who could redeem coupon for their subscription
  • If this is a monthly invoice, I probably also will have a grace period issue where I need to accomodate them paying late, like i’m sure some of them will.

Appreciate your thoughts on how to do this right.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 29th, 2013 at 4:37 pm #50871
Skip Shean
Username: skipshean

More thoughts on this: perhaps I can use the authorize.net free registration form, assign the invoice customers to level 2?

(In a perfect world, I would require a coupon code to be able to submit/complete the form…)

Posted: Friday May 31st, 2013 at 7:05 am #51024
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m thinking of making all of the invoice clients “level 2″, but I don’t want to require a credit card for them to get access — in essence, make it a free level, but hidden or maybe require a coupon?

It sounds like Access Restriction URLs would work for you here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms -› Registration Access Links

You can give Users that pay through an outside source one of these values, with a custom Subscription ID (that won’t be linked to Authorize.Net), and have them sign up normally.

So that takes care of these two:

• Not require credit card
  • Only allow the right people access to that level
  • Ideally control the number of individuals who could redeem coupon for their subscription
    If this is a monthly invoice, I probably also will have a grace period issue where I need to accomodate them paying late, like i’m sure some of them will.

As far as sending the User an invoice, that’s something you’ll have to do outside of s2Member.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.