latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

HOW TO implement PayPal PRO

Home Forums Community Forum HOW TO implement PayPal PRO

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Oct 15th, 2012 at 11:42 am #28441
Zechariah
Username: ctabor1

I am not a developer. So, I need plain and simple instructions…

I can log in to my regular paypal account and get the API signature, but from what I understand, now that we’ve upgraded to PayPal PRO so we can take credit cards, etc., that I need to do something different… is this correct?

Do I need a different API for PRO?

Do you have any tutorials on how to navigate PayPal PRO and then implement with S2Member?
I’m feeling very lost.

OR/ALSO…is there someone within 2SMember available for hire, to help with some of the Membership set up?
If so, please contact me asap.

Thank you,
Christine

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Oct 16th, 2012 at 8:52 am #28519

Hi Christine.

You need to fill out the fields and follow the documentation in the PayPal Options page. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options[/hilite]. Do the panels for PayPal Account Details, IPN, PDT, Auto-Return.

Regarding the API, there are PayPal Pro accounts that use the PayPal Pro API and others that use the PayFlow API. You need to ask PayPal which one you have. If your account has the PayFlow one, then you need the settings for it. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayFlow[/hilite] This video may help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0jOq2MRTVQ

Also, to use PayPal Pro you’ll need an SSL certificate so the page with the pro-form is secured. Pre Sale FAQs » Do I need an SSL certificate to use PayPal® Pro or Authorize.Net®?

OR/ALSO…is there someone within 2SMember available for hire, to help with some of the Membership set up?

About hiring someone, you can try freelancer sites like jobs.wordpress.net, elance.com or odesk.com.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 1:39 pm #28876
Zechariah
Username: ctabor1

Thanks, very helpful, and I appreciate the other links you included.

I have found it difficult to navigate the forum, to be honest. Not sure if I’m searching correctly or in the right place.

One of your posts mentions S2installs.com for assistance, but it goes to a bad page… just an FYI.

Posted: Friday Oct 19th, 2012 at 8:02 am #28987

Glad it helped. :)

s2installs.com was the site of a freelance developer for s2Member users, but he’s not giving that service anymore, so the site is offline now.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.