latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to install Mcrypt/Encryption Extension?

Home Forums Community Forum How to install Mcrypt/Encryption Extension?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 1:41 pm #29537
ONO
Username: onolearn

Hi there,

the server check runs fine, there’s only one more thing left to do: Installing the missing Mcrypt/Encryption Extension. Can you tell me how to do this?

I am running Plesk Panel-Version 11.0.9.

Thank you!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 2:41 pm #29561
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello there,

I’m afraid that for this you will have to contact your server provider I’m afraid. Or you can try and do it yourself if you have access to the PHP installation: http://www.php.net/manual/en/mcrypt.setup.php

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Oct 25th, 2012 at 1:17 pm #29661
ONO

I have dedicated server access, but honestly no f***ing clue what I have to do. This:

You need to compile PHP with the –with-mcrypt[=DIR] parameter to enable this extension. DIR is the mcrypt install directory. Make sure you compile libmcrypt with the option –disable-posix-threads .

Doesn’t help me at all. Sorry for being a noob. Any advice or a step for step instruction?

Is there anything bad going to happen, if I don’t have mcrypt?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  ONO.
Posted: Thursday Oct 25th, 2012 at 2:45 pm #29683
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi ONO,

Assistance with configuring your dedicated server is outside the scope of our support policy and there really isn’t any advice we can offer because each dedicated server has its own configuration.

I recommend contacting your datacenter for help with this. If you don’t have any support at your datacenter, you’ll need to find someone who can help you. You might want to start by asking your question on SuperUser.com.

s2Member requires the mcrypt extension for a variety of things, so yes, it’s required.

Posted: Friday Oct 26th, 2012 at 3:49 am #29736
ONO

Luckily, I found somebody to help me with this. If any of you want his services, you can contact me.

Posted: Friday Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:57 pm #29826
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Thank you for the offer, ONO.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.