latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to remove "Display Name"

Home Forums Community Forum How to remove "Display Name"

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 4:15 pm #13687

Hi,
How can I remove the “Display Name” input on edit profile page?

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 6:00 am #13752

Hi Fredrik.

You’d have to edit the profile page’s template to do that. s2Member doesn’t have a setting for it.

Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 6:27 am #13758

Hi Christián,

I did remove it but it did not disapear on s2member´s page. . What I did was that I created a new page, pasted s2members shortcode “[s2Member-Profile /]” into that page. But on that page it says “Display Name”, thats the place I want to remove “Display Name” from.

Thank you

Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 5:57 am #13851

Ah… I guess you can hide the field with CSS, or edit the template for the Profile form. I haven’t tried removing a field from it yet, so you’ll have to play with it a bit.

Posted: Monday Nov 19th, 2012 at 4:23 pm #32015

Part of the problem with this solution is that the form is set up as a table (a problem in and of itself — this is not tabular data we’re dealing with here), but the table rows have no IDs. For example, it would be more appropriate for the <tr> tag here to be <tr id=”ws-plugin–s2member-profile-row-display-name”>. That would make it much easier to remove this field with CSS.

Posted: Saturday Jun 8th, 2013 at 5:47 pm #51683

I would also like to remove “display name” since “username” already does the job of giving the user a way of hiding his full identity. Is there any solution for this yet?

Thanks,
Demian

Posted: Thursday Jun 13th, 2013 at 7:02 pm #51908
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Demian,

To disable the display name you will have to modify WordPress itself I’m afraid. Although it’s not necessary.

If the user wishes, using this value, he can appear as his username, his name, a pretty version of his username, etc. So I wouldn’t hide this value in any case. :)

– Eduan

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.