latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to resend username and password

Home Forums Community Forum How to resend username and password

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Kim Dushinski 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Sep 24th, 2012 at 1:21 pm #26333

I have had a new user (level 0 access) tell me that he never received his user name and password via email. I have just now installed the Email Log plugin. However, it doesn’t seem that will help me anyway. Even if I know he was sent it in the past, if he didn’t get it, I still need to send it again. How do I do that?

Or do I just look up his user name and tell him to have the login page send him his lost password?

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Sep 24th, 2012 at 1:29 pm #26335
cassel
Username: cassel

It has happened to me once or twice. I just email back with the USERNAME, and suggest they click as if they forgot their password. I suggest that to everyone also, so they can get a password they can at least remember! The member might also remember their own username as they entered it themselves.

If you have lots of members, just sort the members with the newest first. It will make it easy to find that user. If needed, you can also assign them a temporary password too.

Posted: Monday Sep 24th, 2012 at 1:41 pm #26336

OK, thanks. I will do that. At least I know not to keep looking for the way to resend it. Appreciate your time in answering my question.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.