latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to return to page user subscribed from?

Home Forums Community Forum How to return to page user subscribed from?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Phil Jones 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Apr 15th, 2012 at 8:51 am #10840
Phil Jones
Username: philj

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Apr 15th, 2012 at 10:25 pm #10865
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Are you doing paid subscriptions, free subscriptions or both?

Dave

Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 8:58 am #10887
Phil Jones

Hi David,

I am doing free membership. In essence I want to lock down content so people only download my PDFs/videos and some wordpress pages and posts IF they give me their email and details first.

Later I would like to (possibly) offer paid members , but certainly paying for specific product. More likely, pay for specific products.

I am curious how this alters your answer.

Thanks,

Phil

Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 9:13 am #10889
David Welch

If the modal registration form is not something that will work, then you will have to custom code your return to the page using a hook in the s2member processing.

If you are selling memberships, you will need to send that page_id through the paypal system instead of just through the registration system, so it’s a slightly different process depending on how you need to use it.

I’ll check on the modal option and get back with you. Otherwise, the only way I can think to do it is to hook into the registration processing routines to redirect to the page they were on.

Dave

Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 9:23 am #10891
David Welch

I don’t think a registration page modal will work because it doesn’t send the form processing through ajax.

However, I was thinking. There is no reason why you can’t just open the registration form in a new window or even a pop-up. That way they can keep the article open and also register.

The only reason I could see that this wouldn’t work would be if you are only giving them partial access to the article and you want them to have full access to the article they were reading after they register.

If that is the case, I think you will have to go the custom hook redirection (which means you may have to also have them log in after registering so the system will know they should have access to the info.

Hope that helps,

Dave

Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 1:57 pm #10907
Phil Jones

Thanks David. I get the impression that your thinking evolved as you wrote the post (It happens to me also).

My plan was to put the “tempter/taster” as text next to the pdf and only allow access to the PDF is they were registered/logged-in. So it should be relatively straight forward.

So, I think you are saying (in the latter paragraph) I could, in this circumstance, open the form in a (new window or) pop-up, or a modal-form. That is great.

(Now I just need to know how!)

However, what is your concern in the first sentence that I could not do a modal-form “because it does not send the form though ajax”?

I quite like the idea of a modal form. Does your thought still stand? What is the problem?

Thanks

Phil

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.