latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to serialize an array in CSV for import

Home Forums Community Forum How to serialize an array in CSV for import

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 4:24 am #26808

Hi everyone,

I have a very hefty CSV file that I need to import users from. I’ve done this successfully on a previous install of s2member, but this time one of my custom fields is a multi select checkbox.

The CSV is 3000 lines, but I’ll be splitting that for import. My custom field value field is currently looking like this:

“Greater Manchester, Merseyside, Lancashire”

Each term, ie. Greater Manchester, refers to one of the values of the checkboxes. How do I import this file so that the relevant checkboxes are checked? I understand I need to serialize the array but I’m unsure how/when to do this.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 6:02 am #26920
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Kimberley,

The best way to figure that out is to simply create a user with the Custom Fields configured the way you want and then run an export and copy the serialized array from that user’s row.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.