latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to up Upsell seamlessly from free to paid

Home Forums Community Forum How to up Upsell seamlessly from free to paid

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 4:07 pm #17031

I have a site that is a paid membership. How to I give free access to the membership area for 7-10 days or more? Is there a way to when this time expires, it takes them to the membership purchase plans? Would it be easier to clone the membership area? I’m using the Authorize gateway.

Thank you kindly for your support.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  GaperVille.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:35 pm #17051
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

You should be able to set an end time in your free registration form shortcode with this attribute:

tp=”1″ regular period = 1
tt=”W” regular term = Week

This means they will have access for only 1 week. After this tie they should be re-directed back to the membership options page if they try to access secured content.

Hope that helps,

Dave

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  David Welch.
Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 10:31 pm #17059

WoW! Thanks Brother DW!!!

So the numeral in the first example tp=”5″ would represent 5 days…..

Peace ;-)

Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 10:47 pm #17063

Hmm…

looking at the code from the pro authorize form to create the short-code, i see there is both the tt= and the tp=. Do i need these both or can I use either or?

Do i need these part of the short-codes in the paid members area too? Would love to omit this part of the shortcodes, but I’m guessing it’s a part of the time frame the member has purchased. thx.

Posted: Thursday Jun 21st, 2012 at 8:20 am #17117

Those are for an optional term before the first regular term of the subscription starts. If you give that optional term for free, it’s called the trial, if you charge for it then it’s called the initial term. You can leave it as [hilite mono]tp="0" tt="D"[/hilite] if you don’t want to use it.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Jun 21st, 2012 at 2:15 pm #17144

How does the free registered user able to see how much time is left until they have to purchase one of the plans? Thx.

Posted: Friday Jun 22nd, 2012 at 7:21 am #17181

Gaper, could you post the shortcode you’re using? I re-read the thread and am not sure now what you’re trying to do. Are you trying to register members for free at Level 1 and have them demoted to Level 0 after 5 days?

About the time left, you can calculate how many days since they registered to figure out the days left in the trial. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Content Dripping[/hilite]

tp=”1″ regular period = 1
tt=”W” regular term = Week

Dave, [hilite mono]tp[/hilite] and [hilite mono]tt[/hilite] are trial period and term, [hilite mono]rp[/hilite] and [hilite mono]rt[/hilite] would be the ones for the regular period and term. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes[/hilite] ;)

Posted: Saturday Jun 23rd, 2012 at 4:05 pm #17253

I’m doing a free registration on Level 0 for a week with limited access to the full members area.

The code I’m using is:
[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form register=”1″ level=”0″ desc=”Signup for a Free test drive for 7 days!” custom=”themassagecoupon.com” tt=”W” regular term = Week captcha=”blackglass” /]

Everything works fine. I just need a way to where the free reg. will see how much time is left before they need to purchase one of the membership plans.

thank you kindly for your support!

Posted: Saturday Jun 23rd, 2012 at 4:52 pm #17255

I see.

Well, if it’s a trial, I imagine you want to give them access to the paid content, which I’m guessing is at Level 1, not 0. And your trial period is not defined properly. Here, try this:

[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form register="1" [hilite mono]level="1"[/hilite] ccaps=”” desc=desc=”Signup for a Free test drive for 7 days!” custom=”themassagecoupon.com” [hilite mono]tp="1" tt="W"[/hilite] captcha=”blackglass” /]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Jun 23rd, 2012 at 5:02 pm #17257

Everything seems to be working other than I can’t see the trial period, or when it ends.

Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 4:55 am #17270

Where? The profile of the account you tested with? Did you check the EOT field there?

Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 2:34 pm #17287

Im in the user info on the profile test account and do not see an EOT. Is there a short-code for this where I can show this EOT in various areas? Definitely not in the update billing or the members home page.

Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 4:52 pm #17294

I’m in the > API / Notifications and can’t seem to wrap my mind on it. I’m using https across the board. Will this work and I’m guessing now I need another separate page for this EOT?

Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 5:09 pm #17300

Well i have found a useful plugin that just uses a simple shortcode for this EOT. This is the simplicity that I needed.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/s2member-buttons/

Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 5:42 pm #17304

Im in the user info on the profile test account and do not see an EOT.

If you set the trial, the EOT time should be in his profile. Could you send me login info to look at this and do a test registration? Please include the link to the page where you have the pro-form for the trial. Thanks! s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Is there a short-code for this where I can show this EOT in various areas?

When the EOT time is set in the user’s profile, you can use PHP to get it, there isn’t a shortcode. http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/s2member/api_functions/package-functions/#src_doc_get_user_field%28%29

[hilite pre_code]
$s2member_auto_eot_time = get_user_field ("s2member_auto_eot_time"); # Auto EOT-Time for the current User ( when applicable ).
[/hilite]
Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 5:43 pm #17305

Well i have found a useful plugin that just uses a simple shortcode for this EOT. This is the simplicity that I needed.

Yeah, that plugin makes it quicker to add the EOT time in your post.

Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 5:44 pm #17306

I’m in the > API / Notifications and can’t seem to wrap my mind on it. I’m using https across the board. Will this work and I’m guessing now I need another separate page for this EOT?

I don’t understand this one.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.