latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to upgrade but keeping end date ?

Home Forums Community Forum How to upgrade but keeping end date ?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Nov 23rd, 2012 at 10:10 am #32415
Nicolas
Username: nicolassacre

Hello,

I have a silver product and a gold product. I made a php script calculating the upgrade cost from silver to gold for the remaining time and I can use it in my s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form. But I don’t see how to maintain the expiration date. The “rp” variable must be >= 1 and I would need to have rp=0 (or another way to allow an upgrading).

For example, I have a silver subscription ending the November 30. If we are the November 25 there is still 5 days of silver. I would like to allow my users to upgrade to gold, maintaining the end date of November 30, paying a certain cost. I already calculated the cost and I can use it in my s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form. But the minimum period for an upgrade is 1 week, I don’t know how to set the added period to 0 week.

Any idea ?

Sincerely

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Nov 23rd, 2012 at 2:41 pm #32444
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

I’m not clear on what you’re trying to do here. You have a subscription that ends on November 30. On November 25th, someone wants to upgrade to the next level. When they upgrade, do you want their new membership to not start until November 30th? If so, you’ll need to use the Initial/Trial period for that, calculating how many days between now and the end of their subscription and then setting the Initial/Trial period appropriately.

If that’s not what you’re talking about, can you please clarify with a complete example?

Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 5:32 am #32568
Nicolas

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.
Where can I find a good documentation to use the initial/trial functionality ?

Sincerely,
Guillaume

Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 3:41 pm #32625
Raam Dev
Staff Member

You can use the Pro-Form shortcode generators (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Membership Level # Forms) to set the Initial/Trial periods automatically, or if you need more advanced control over those (e.g., you want to use some PHP code to dynamically configure the Initial/Trial period), you can directly configure those using the shortcode attributes (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)).

Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 3:34 am #32667
Nicolas

Hello,

Thank you for your help. I did it (using the tag [modify=”1″]) and the upgrade works well but I am unable to set a null period. The [ra] shortcode must be minimum 1, is it true ? So it is impossible for me to upgrade the customer subscriptions, maintaining their [end of time] unchanged ?

Sincerely,
Guillaume

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Nicolas.
Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 2:17 pm #32724
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Guillaume,

That is correct. The upgrade/downgrade forms are design for modifying the subscription. If you want to simply change the Level without changing the subscription, you’ll need to do the upgrade manually by editing the user and changing their level. If you want to allow a user to upgrade/downgrade without changing their subscription, you’ll need to have a programmer create a form/button that does that for you using some PHP to change the role (see this thread).

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.