latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

htaccess issue with rewrite URL

Home Forums Community Forum htaccess issue with rewrite URL

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday May 17th, 2013 at 4:58 am #50113
david
Username: solar

Hi,
we have a problem on our website when enabling the S2Member plugin.
I’ll explain briefly: in the root of the domain, together with the website, we have installed an application. The application directory is no more accessible with the Plugin enabled.

This is the website: http://www.website.com and this is the app: http://www.website.com/application

When removing the S2Member settings in htaccess:

# BEGIN s2Member GZIP exclusions

RewriteEngine On
	RewriteBase /
	RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|?|&)s2member_file_download=.+ [OR]
	RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|?|&)no-gzip=1
	RewriteRule .* - [E=no-gzip:1]

# END s2Member GZIP exclusions

there is no more trouble and the application works.

How can we solve this?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 17th, 2013 at 5:09 am #50120
david

maybe I have to exclude the sub-directory of the domain that are used for different code app?

Posted: Saturday May 18th, 2013 at 11:58 am #50175
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello David,

What kind of problems are you running into with these lines in the .htaccess file?

Also these lines by s2Member are only for protected downloads I believe, so if you don’t have protected downloads you don’t really need them there, but they’re nice to have. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday May 18th, 2013 at 4:00 pm #50187
david

Hi Eduan,
thank you for your feedback. I know that they can be removed, in fact I did this way but in the future I will need to work with protected file download. So I would like to enable those rules and use this good plugin.

The problem affects the other application that we have on our domain (it has nothing to do with WordPress but it’s PHP based), unfortunately this one is running on a sub-directory of the root (www.website.com/application).

So I would like to exclude this directory and it’s sub-folders from the rewrite rules. Have you ever done something like this, or can you point me over?

Best,
D.

Posted: Saturday May 25th, 2013 at 5:24 pm #50635
Eduan
Username: Eduan

I’m afraid I don’t have a lot of experience with rules. I’m sure there’s ways to onlly enable rules on certain URLs and stuff, but I have no idea how.

Your best bet will be to just Google it. :)

Posted: Friday May 31st, 2013 at 5:08 am #50990
david

Ok Eduan,
do you know what functionalities I will lose when removing those rules from the .htaccess?

Posted: Friday May 31st, 2013 at 8:30 am #51038
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

do you know what functionalities I will lose when removing those rules from the .htaccess?

This .htaccess rule is keeping your site from using GZIP, so that things like s2Member’s User Export and Log File Downloads do not get corrupted when they are sent to you. s2Member also needs GZIP to be disabled for Downloads done with the information in your Dashboard here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Basic Download Restrictions

However, these downloads use other methods for disabling GZIP.

You can safely remove this .htaccess file for now, but you’ll have to be weary for File Downloads in the future.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.