latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

htaccess problem and Add new Profile field

Home Forums Community Forum htaccess problem and Add new Profile field

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Rob Condon 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 12:35 pm #39186

Testing s2member and wp 3.5 crashed on install, made sure .htaccess contained the code, to get it working I deleted this code. If I deactivate and activate crashes again, so I am running with no code in .htaccess. This is the code it generates:
# BEGIN s2Member GZIP exclusions

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /xampp/wptest/wordpress/
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|\?|&)s2member_file_download\=.+
RewriteRule .* – [E=no-gzip:1]

# END s2Member GZIP exclusions

I think I have this right so how do I stop it from crashing?

When I go to add a custom profile field it takes all the information but does not add a field. If I try to add again it says no unique field name but if I back out of the dialog box there is no new field. Maybe this is tied to my first problem.

Help.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Eduan. Reason: Moved to the customer support forum

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 2:47 pm #39215

I have run the server check program with the following errors. I don’t think any of these affect my problem. Anyone have an idea where I messed up?

Error[ERROR] PHP Short Open Tag: < ?
PHP v5.4.7 MUST be configured with short_open_tag=on in your php.ini file. Please check this article for further details. Or, consult with your web hosting company about this message. You are currently running PHP with short_open_tag=off.
Error[ERROR] PHP Echo Tag:
PHP v5.4.7 supports the echo tag () at all times. So you’re good here.
Error[ERROR] OpenSSL Extension With openssl_sign()
PHP not compiled with OpenSSL. Missing PHP function openssl_sign(). In order to run s2Member®, your installation of PHP needs the OpenSSL extension. Please consult with your web hosting company about this message.

Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 11:09 pm #39590
Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

What web server software are you running please. Apache? If so, what version please?

The code snippet you’re referring to should be wrapped inside ifModule checks like this. If it’s crashing your server outside of these ifModule checks, it would indicate to me that your installation of Apache is missing the Mod Rewrite module; which can activated from your httpd.conf file in Apache.

# BEGIN s2Member GZIP exclusions
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
	RewriteEngine On
	RewriteBase /
	RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|\?|&)s2member_file_download\=.+
	RewriteRule .* - [E=no-gzip:1]
</IfModule>
# END s2Member GZIP exclusions
Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 11:47 pm #39594

For the most part I figured this out by switching over to WAMP which is using v 2.2.22 of Apache. I deinstalled XAMPP so not sure what the problem was but if I go back will use your notes to troubleshoot.

Awesome product, still working through the myriad of options!

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.