latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

I am running WHMCS for my Organization

Home Forums Community Forum I am running WHMCS for my Organization

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Sep 9th, 2012 at 7:30 am #24685

WHMCS (Web Host Manager Complete Solution) is a powerful automated billing and client portal, initially used for Hosting Resellers to set their own billing plans. However, it has become much more and is a fantastic platform for centralizing support tickets and affiliate programs, and much more.

I’m an s2Member Pro user. I’m looking for a way to “integrate” the two client platforms, so that my memberships can use the benefits of my WHMCS features, and get the appropriate access to the membership, once they have signed up through WHMCS.

Of course I have a few sites, and use s2Member for various things, but this is for one site in particular. I want to be able to offer the affiliate program, but in order to do that, the product must be purchased through WHMCS.

So what I’m wanting to do is tie in the purchase with the protected membership levels on the website.

If a direct integration isn’t possible, then can I include an access link in the Welcome email generated by WHMCS that will give the user the appropriate access based on the product purchased. The only problem with that is the client has to have a Paid Subscriber ID to do that.

But since I am not using s2Member payment Gateway and user registration for that particular website, this may be the answer. Do ya think?

Any suggestions for a good way to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Always My Best,

Johnny

• This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Eduan. Reason: Moved to the customer support forums

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Sep 18th, 2012 at 4:49 am #25687

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Johnny

Posted: Tuesday Sep 18th, 2012 at 1:08 pm #25714
Eduan
Username: Eduan
Moved this to the customer support forums so that the support reps can see it. :)
Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 5:53 am #25744
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Johnny,

I personally use WHMCS on one of my sites, so I’m familiar with how it works. (I don’t, however, have s2Member running on that site.) For integration to work, you’d need to find some way to integrate the two different accounts. When a WHMCS account gets created, a corresponding WordPress account would need to be created with the appropriate s2Member Role, i.e., Level 0 – 4.

Such an integration is really outside the s2Member plugin itself. s2Member is just a WordPress plugin and it makes heavy use of the rest of WordPress. s2Member uses the WordPress authentication system and user base, so integrating WHMCS and s2Member would really be about first integrating WHMCS and WordPress. (There may already be some documentation on the web for this.)

Aside from the direct integration, and depending on what your requirements are (e.g., if you’re only needing to provide access to a single page protected by s2Member), you may be able to simply generate a Specific Post/Page access link (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Specific Post/Page Access Links) and then have that included in the email to the WHMCS client.

The register_link_gen() function is what generates those links. You can find that function in register-access.inc.php. The code in register-in.inc.php may also be useful.

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 3:44 am #25885

Well I was thinking…(and we know how dangerous that can be)…can’t I use the Paypal(r) Member Registration Access Link generator to create links for the various levels and include them in the WHMCS confirmation email for the accompanying product?

So that way, the client will just click on the link and be routed to the registration page for the appropriate level for their purchase.

There is a WHMCS module that I have been playing with called WP Client Sync. It is supposed to create an account on either platform when one is created on the other. But the developer and I haven’t gotten it to work correctly yet.

Let me know what you think about that. I think the register access link times out after a certain amount of time once it’s created. if that is the fact, is there a way I can set the expiration time of those links. If so, I will simple set that time, and create them just before the launch webinar.

This process isn’t going to be an ongoing process. It’s going to be for a limited time during and after the launch webinar, and again if I run another. I just know how people are, and if 100 people begin signing up at once, they will want instant access. They won’t want to wait for me and my team to send them links in emails or have to create another account on the site and submit a support ticket to get access.

So if I can do the Registration access link the day of the launch, I think that would be golden.

Thanks for your feedback.

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 8:34 am #25931
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Yes, I think that would work fine. I don’t believe the registration access links “expire”… I don’t see anything about that in s2Member (I haven’t dug through the code though, so I’m not positive).

If you figure out how to integrate the register_link_gen() function I mentioned above with your WHMCS emails, that should do what you need. The s2Member code is documented pretty well, so it shouldn’t be too difficult for a PHP programmer to get that customization working for you.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.