latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

I can't enable my s2member's EOT behavior to

Home Forums Community Forum I can't enable my s2member's EOT behavior to

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 1:49 pm #16278

I can’t enable my s2member’s EOT behavior to automatic ? so When customer cancel or their payment was skipped they can have access to my members section :s

and it’s after the date they can access to the members area.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jun 13th, 2012 at 8:41 am #16365
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Marc-andre,

If you have your PayPal IPN and PDT integration set up properly (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration and Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® PDT Integration), s2Member will automatically handle the EOT.

If you want to manually set the EOT for a user account, you can do that by editing their account and filling in the Automatic EOT Time field (click the little question mark next to the field for further explanation).

Posted: Wednesday Jun 13th, 2012 at 9:29 am #16380

Yes, all is set, but I can’t enable the button ”yes, enable the auto-EOT system through…” in the automatic behavior setting. This space is empty and if I try to change it, notting… is it normal?

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 5:56 am #16426

No, it isn’t normal.

Could you take a screenshot of the problem and post it here to see what you have, please? Thanks!

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 6:50 am #16432

let me know if you can’t see the image..

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 6:55 am #16434

I see. That’s really odd.

Have you tried with Firefox too?

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 8:35 am #16460

yes and it didn’t work..

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 8:43 am #16464

That’s weird.

I don’t know what could be the problem. I could guess it may be the theme, or maybe another plugin conflicting, but this doesn’t look like a JavaScript problem, those give other kinds of issues.

Could you send the login info to take a look at it directly? s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 8:51 am #16465

yes I’m sending the infos now. thank you

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 1:28 pm #16493

let me know if you are able to fix the problem, thank you

Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 2:08 am #16546

Thanks, I got your email.

I haven’t found what’s causing this yet, so I emailed Jason. I’ll update you when I hear back from him.

Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 9:36 am #16590

okay cool, because it’s like a prior thing I want to fix :)

Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 8:08 pm #16626

Okay, I was suspecting it may be a problem with wp_cron, and Jason confirmed it now:

If the EOT setting will not stick, it’s because WP Cron has been disabled, either by his hosting company, or by a plugin conflicting with s2Member. The only way to get EOTs working in this case, is to setup a real CRON job (i.e. choose the “I’ll run my own CRON job” option from that dropdown menu, and it will provide instructions).

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 8:46 pm #16630

okay cool, I don’t if I done the good thing, but I copy this url: http://www.marcfitt.com/?s2member_auto_eot_system_via_cron=1 in my cron job on my hoster panel… and set to do the job every 10 min?

Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 9:52 pm #16632

That sounds right. If you’re not sure, you can check with your webhost if you set up the cron job properly.

Posted: Saturday Jun 16th, 2012 at 8:24 am #16667

okay cool, I have disable one plugin and now the aut eot s2member work. But I want to know why one of the customer skipped their payment, paypal send me an advice that he will retry in five days and after that it will cancel the account if it’s skipped… can I disable after the first skipped ?

Posted: Sunday Jun 17th, 2012 at 7:24 am #16717

Oh, cool. Glad you found the plugin causing that problem with wp_cron. Which one was it?

You can use the [hilite mono]rra[/hilite] attribute in your shortcode to not reattempt billing the user after a failed payment, to trigger the EOT behavior after just one failure. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro-Forms -› Shortcode Attributes -> rra[/hilite]

rra=”2″ Reattempt failed payments? Possible values: 0 = do NOT reattempt billing when/if a recurring payment fails; 1 or higher = yes, DO reattempt billing when/if a recurring payment fails. With PayPal® Pro integration, PayPal® will retry a maximum of 2 times whenever rra=”2″; after that, a Subscription would be terminated due to Max Failed Payments having been reached. With PayPal® Pro integration, the value of this attribute also configures Max Failed Payments. So a setting of rra=”2″ means that you allow a maximum of 2 failed payments.

I don’t know how to modify this setting for existing subscriptions, though. You’ll need to ask PayPal support about that.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Jun 17th, 2012 at 8:06 am #16721

okay cool, it was a social plugin (like share icon)
If I resume, if I set the rra to ”0”, it will block the access after the first failed payment right?

Plus,I want to know when someone are unsubscribe for any reasons but want to resubscribe, what is the process? they reselect a plan and s2member will recognize their last username and pass and reactive their payment billing?

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 4:30 am #16837

If I resume, if I set the rra to ”0”, it will block the access after the first failed payment right?

That’s how I understand it from the documentation.

Plus,I want to know when someone are unsubscribe for any reasons but want to resubscribe, what is the process? they reselect a plan and s2member will recognize their last username and pass and reactive their payment billing?

He’d have to be logged in to his existing account when he resubscribes. It wouldn’t continue the previous subscription, instead it’d create a new one.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 12:31 pm #17026

okay so to resume, he login with their subscriber account, and after this he can chose one of the two plan and i will reinitialize their membership with a new paypal profil Id, but why their Customer IP Address still there?

Posted: Thursday Jun 21st, 2012 at 7:33 am #17098

The PayPal subscr. ID will be new when they start the new subscription, right.

The IP address shown by s2Member in the user’s profile the one the user had on registration. Since he’s not registering a new account, that value doesn’t change.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.