latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

I dev affiliate 7 and coupon codes

Home Forums Community Forum I dev affiliate 7 and coupon codes

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  jim hancock 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Nov 12th, 2012 at 1:27 pm #31329
jim hancock
Username: telm34

I bought idevaffiliate 7 and configured and installed the program no problem. It however has a new integration system for s2 and does not follow the video on s2 members. i went with the integration they have and all is working well but the pro coupon codes tracking is not working.

My problem is I have no idea what to put in to get the coupon codes to track. I followed the directions for silent php and added the code like the s2 directions stated but still not connecting with Idevaffiliate. please note idevaffiliate also has a coupon area where I can set coupons up to attribute to a specific user account without a number -A:123.

The following is the code for the api scripting that is working properly.

Note the “xxx” is my real website and profile # that are inputted correctly, i just masked them here.

The procoupon code data currently is
SILENT-PHP|https://www.xxx/idevaffiliate/idevaffiliate.php?ip_address=%%user_ip%%&id=%%full_coupon_code%%&coupon_code=%%coupon_code%%

I have tried many variations of the above code and made many purchases to see if it works but no joy. BTW yes the coupon codes I made work fine with the pro forms and give the appropriate discount they are just not tracking to Idevaffiliate.

Please help…

Update — from Idev support..
“I don’t know that it’s even possible to do coupon code commissioning with S2. You’ll need to ask them how you can have the coupon code variable passed in the iDevAffiliate tracking pixel. If that’s possible it can be done. If not, it won’t be possible.”

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  jim hancock.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  jim hancock.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Nov 13th, 2012 at 2:10 am #31415
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jim,

Yes, s2Member Pro supports this through the Pro Affiliate Coupons (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Pro Coupon Codes -› Affiliate Coupon Codes). If you haven’t already, I highly recommend reading through the inline documentation in that section.

Could you tell me how you’re determining the Pro Affiliate Coupons are not “tracking to iDevAffiliate”?

Posted: Tuesday Nov 13th, 2012 at 12:23 pm #31458
jim hancock

I read and reread and read again the instructions. I bought many products on my site while using a coupon code and Idev does not get any data on the coupon code used. Somewhere I have the coupon part configured wrong.

It seems that Idev has a coupon code commissioning capability that is different than what S2 members does for coupon codes.

In idev i can create a coupon code called for example “Nitro10%off” and assign it to a specific affiliate, no need for an affiliate ID such as -A:123. When a user inputs that code, the assigned affiliate gets credit (if i can figure out how to pass the the coupon code variable to Idev from S2).

It may be simply i am not inputting correct proform coupon code instruction ie – silent php …data, but i did put as noted above and following the S2 member instructions, SILENT-PHP| and went to the custom code section in idev copied and pasted the code as you see above without as S2 member instructions say, all the php code provided by IDEV.

In addition i did contact IDEv and I got the following response “I don’t know that it’s even possible to do coupon code commissioning with S2. You’ll need to ask them how you can have the coupon code variable passed in the iDevAffiliate tracking pixel. If that’s possible it can be done. If not, it won’t be possible.”

Anyways, i followed the instructions on s2 they don’t match IDEV because they now auto integrate the shopping cart with S2members (new, so the instructions on S2 members are no longer valid for idevaffiliate version 7) and they have coupon code commissioning which appears different than what S2 members does with the Nitro10%off-A:123 idea of adding the affiliate code to the end of a coupon code for S2 members.

Please advise, I did follow the instructions on S2 and Idev, I have idevaffiliate 7. I suspect it is a simple code fix but I am not advanced enough to sort it out or i am missing the obvious and after many many hours of following the instructions need help. I hope that answers your question…???

Posted: Tuesday Nov 13th, 2012 at 8:11 pm #31520
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Jim,

It does sound like iDevAffiliate has new integration options for s2Member and unfortunately I’m not too familiar with the specifics of iDevAffiliate and s2Member Affiliate Coupons. I’m going to forward this thread to the lead developer (Jason) and ask for him to provide any advice. I’ve also recommended that we update the s2Member inline docs in the next maintenance release to reflect the new iDevAffiliate integration options.

Thank you for your patience and for providing us with this new information.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 13th, 2012 at 8:54 pm #31523
jim hancock

No worries, i love the program built 3 membership sites already. The ability to track would be an awesome addition to see who is selling for me. Thanks for the help!

Posted: Wednesday Nov 14th, 2012 at 3:57 pm #31605
Raam Dev
Staff Member

You’re most welcome! :)

Posted: Wednesday Nov 14th, 2012 at 9:16 pm #31647
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

Regarding coupon code integration with iDevAffiliate. I became aware recently that iDevAffiliate has brought forth a new feature in v7 that can accomplish this for you. However, s2Member is NOT yet integrated with this feature.

That being said, even before iDevAffiliate added this new feature, s2Member already supported this functionality through a slightly different method of integration with iDevAffiliate. So… while you’re awaiting a release of s2Member that supports the iDevAffiliate 7 protocol for this, you’re welcome to integrate this functionality with s2Member alone, following the instructions presented in this section of your Dashboard.

Please see: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Pro Coupon Codes -› Affiliate Coupon Codes
Posted: Wednesday Nov 14th, 2012 at 9:42 pm #31653
jim hancock

Ill give the -A:123 a go for now. Doesn’t give the easy nor smooth look of a Nitro10%off compared to the Nitro10%off-A:123. I await the update. Appreciate the info. Thanks

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.