latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

I need to hide three courses from one another

Home Forums Community Forum I need to hide three courses from one another

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Greg Vose 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Oct 27th, 2013 at 3:05 pm #60667
Greg Vose
Username: gregvose1

I am trying to deliver three different training courses (Course A, Course B and Course C). I have used Custom Capabilities to control access to each of them and this has worked just fine.

There are three pages that these course materials sit on (all of the course pages are children of those pages. Those three pages are the top level of the menu. The pages for Course A are submenus of the Course A page, same for B and C).

I don’t want those top level pages to be visible unless you are a member of that particular training course. I found and enabled the Alternative View Protection and that works great for hiding it from Level 0 or less but because it works off of Level 1 (and all my members will be Level 1) and doesn’t recognize my Custom Capabilities keywords, it doesn’t hide the menus from anyone who has any course (and are thus Level 1 members).

I’ve read through the entries on this in the forum and Jason has said that it works but there is nothing to show us HOW. How do I configure this so that Alternative View Protection will recognize the Custom Capabilties that I have in place?

Thanks for your help.

Greg

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Oct 27th, 2013 at 3:47 pm #60668
cassel
Username: cassel

I don’t have a definite answer for you but I seem to remember it has to do with the menus. Initially, I wanted to do exactly like you, but I ended up with leaving all the courses and adding a redirect to a sale pitch page if the user didn’t have the proper ccap. That was my own solution and I figured that if someone who has not purchased/registered for the course clicks on the menu, they might actually be interested, so I might as well take advantage of their curiosity to see if they might buy.

But again, maybe your objective is different. Maybe search for “menu” and “ccaps”?

Posted: Sunday Oct 27th, 2013 at 5:53 pm #60670
Greg Vose
Username: gregvose1

Thanks Cassel. Your answer didn’t cover what I needed. Menu doesn’t appear to have anything that I can set to fix this. However, the search on Menu, Alternative Viewing and ccap led me to realize that I needed to set the Require Custom Capabilities field in order to get this to work. It works now. Thank you much for your help. I spent hours last night trying to get that in place. Have a great day!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.