latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Idevaffiliate Recurring Commission Not Workin

Home Forums Community Forum Idevaffiliate Recurring Commission Not Workin

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 11th, 2012 at 8:49 am #16130
Allan
Username: optionsweekly

Hello guys,

I do need some help here to check or if not someone who is proficient with IDevaffiliate and S2Member integration.

I have install and integrated S2Member, which I believe is successful.

Tracking of sales is working.

The non working part is the recurring monthly commission – my affiliates are not getting commissions (pending commissions) for the 2nd months onwards.

I am not sure if its my setup issue. I have tried it many a times during the past 6 months and still have not been able to get it to work.

I am desperate. Can someone please help me. I am happy to buy coffee/beer or a small fee for this fix…

Thank you…

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 5:43 am #16219

Hi Allan.

This seems to be an iDev Aff configuration, and I’m really not familiar with it. Have you tried asking the iDev support guys? They may give you the solution really quick.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Jun 13th, 2012 at 8:29 am #16362
Allan

Hi Cristián,

This was what happened.

I installed idev using the video at http://www.s2member.com/videos/46DAC29678C0F803/ and everything seems to work but the recurring commission is not being tracked, so my affiliates are not being credited each month for their deserved recurring commissions.

I have spoken to idev support and on the first request, they sent me back to the video.. and I reinstalled everything and did as per http://www.s2member.com/videos/46DAC29678C0F803/ again.. Still it did not work.

my most recent email to them, I told them the same story.. and they sent me this.

John, you need to contact S2 and have them look at your settings. The entire module was written by them on
their side. The only thing we do on our side is have you enable S2 in the dropdown box of the cart integration wizard. Literally everything else is handled on their side of things via the module they wrote. Just contact them and ask them to look at your settings. They should be able to spot the problem right away.

Sincerely,
Jim Webster
iDevAffiliate Technical Support

So I thought it would be great if Jason or you can really be able to help me solve my problem.. I think its probably something missing.. It should be an easy fix and straight forward.. Since Jason is using idevaff on s2member as well..

I would be more than happy to compensate you for your time..

Please advise.. Thanks a bunch!

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 5:37 am #16423

Allan, I just emailed Jason asking him what you need to change so commissions are paid recurringly. I’ll wait for his reply. :)

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 9:55 am #16479
Allan

Thanks Cristián, would be super if JAson can have a look at my site, mysql etc…

I will buy you guys beers/coffees !!!

Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 7:55 pm #16623
Staff Member

Recurring comissions with s2Member / iDevAffiliate.

There are two ways to handle this.

1. Allow iDev to handle recurring commissions for you.

2. RECOMMENDED (Let s2Member handle this for you).
You configure an API Notification for Payments, which speaks to iDev, and processes an affiliate commission, each time an actual payment is received, either initially, or in the future (i.e. for future recurring payments).

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Payment Notifications
See: iDevAffiliate -> Setup & Tools -> API Scripts -> Generate A Comission

Posted: Sunday Jun 17th, 2012 at 5:51 am #16705
Allan

Hi Jason,

I am sure you are leading me the right direction, but I am still very confused with what I see..

Can you please:

i) show me the line that I should be inputting onto the Payment Notification portion at Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Payment Notifications (based on my images attached, because I m not sure if i need to use the tracking image code or just the url like in your image on http://d1v41qemfjie0l.cloudfront.net/s2member/uploads/SNAG-0066.png&w=663&h=400&zc=1&q=100 )..

ii) clarify, Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Payment Notifications is purely for subscription payments or together with the specific pages/posts sales.

Thanks.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  Allan.
Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 4:21 am #16834

ii) clarify, Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Payment Notifications is purely for subscription payments or together with the specific pages/posts sales.

It’s for any payment. :)

Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 1:07 am #16963
Staff Member

@ Cristian

Note. API Payment Notifications, are for ANY type of payment, including subscription payments. However, there is ONE exception to this, and that’s for Specific Post/Page Access. Specific Post/Page Access, has it’s own API Notification.

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Specific Post/Page Sale Notifications

@ Allan

When you setup an API Notification with s2Member, you’re dealing with silent HTTP connections, which occur behind-the-scene. Therefore, you will want to stay way from any of the tracking codes that uses image tags, those will NOT work properly in an API Notification.

Instead, you will need to use the API URL provided by iDevAffiliate, called “Generate A Comission”.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Payment Notifications
See: iDevAffiliate -> Setup & Tools -> API Scripts -> Generate A Comission

Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 5:00 am #16979
Allan

Jason,

I think you are trying to tell me to just follow your replied image screen shots.. However what you told me to do contradicts to what I actually am getting whilst doing it.

i) this is what I get … so do I use this one? http://optionsweekly.org/jv/sale.php?idev_saleamt=%%amount%%&idev_ordernum=%%txn_id%%&ip_address=%%user_ip%% Please note that I do not have a profile=72198, it was not given to me at iDevAffiliate -> Setup & Tools -> API Scripts -> Generate A Comission … should I add that part in as per your image screenshot?

ii) this is what I get for my specific post/page tracking.. is it correct? http://optionsweekly.org/jv/sale.php?profile=44&idev_saleamt=%%amount%%&idev_leadamt=%%cv1%%&idev_ordernum=%%txn_id%%&idev_option_1=%%full_name%%&idev_option_2=%%payer_email%%&idev_option_3=%%item_name%%&ip_address=%%user_ip%%

iii) How do I test if the Payment link is correct and working?

Thanks very much.. Please also let me know where can I buy you and Cristián some beer…

Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 2:44 pm #17289
Allan

(BUMP)

Jason,

I think you are trying to tell me to just follow your replied image screen shots.. However what you told me to do contradicts to what I actually am getting whilst doing it.

i) this is what I get … so do I use this one? http://optionsweekly.org/jv/sale.php?idev_saleamt=%%amount%%&idev_ordernum=%%txn_id%%&ip_address=%%user_ip%% Please note that I do not have a profile=72198, it was not given to me at iDevAffiliate -> Setup & Tools -> API Scripts -> Generate A Comission … should I add that part in as per your image screenshot?

ii) this is what I get for my specific post/page tracking.. is it correct? http://optionsweekly.org/jv/sale.php?profile=44&idev_saleamt=%%amount%%&idev_leadamt=%%cv1%%&idev_ordernum=%%txn_id%%&idev_option_1=%%full_name%%&idev_option_2=%%payer_email%%&idev_option_3=%%item_name%%&ip_address=%%user_ip%%

Thanks very much.. Please also let me know where can I buy you and Cristián some beer…

Posted: Monday Jul 2nd, 2012 at 3:21 am #18065
Allan

@ Jason

Bumping thread

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  Allan.
Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 6:34 am #18150

I googled this and 72198 appears to be the generic tracking pixel’s profile number. I think you can create a custom profile for your installation and then use that instead, this would be useful if you need to track different shops/sites. I see you used 44 in the URL in the second question.

Here’s a quote from their documentation: http://drupal.org/files/issues/iDevAffiliate_Vendor_Integration_Information.pdf

[note_box]
Section 4: Profile Explanations & General Notes

As you can see in the above examples, we have profile=72198 set in each URL call. This is because we’re using the “Generic Tracking Pixel”. This number will never change, please do not adjust it. 72198 happens to be the profile number associated with this integration.

Once you have this integration working with your cart system, please feel free to forward us the integration instructions and we’ll be sure to add you to the automated drop-down list found inside our admin center. Once added, our mutual users will pick your cart from the list to integrate with and we’ll provide them with the detailed step-by-step instructions needed to implement iDevAffiliate with your cart system. Once added, the profile number will change as your cart system will be provided with its own unique ID number. For instance, your cart system might be assigned number 87 in which case the code would change from profile=72198 to profile=87.
[/note_box]

Couldn’t you do a test 1 cent checkout and then checkout your iDevAffiliate report to see if it got logged?

Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 7:58 am #18913
Allan

Hi guys,

I have done 2 signup tests since your reply. They went thru well.. tracked and created a commission.

I have done 2 different test signups on recurring/daily payments… trying to test the recurring function of it.

Will update again..

Thanks guys.. Beer or coffee for you??

Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 6:00 am #19013

Awesome, Allan! Thanks for the update. We’re glad you got it working. :D

Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 9:43 am #19037
Allan

Ok guys.. confirmation… the recurring function is working as well.. Thanks!!

Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 5:41 am #19142

Great! :)

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.