latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

if you are having bad luck playing media file

Home Forums Community Forum if you are having bad luck playing media file

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  DrByte 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 16th, 2013 at 6:21 am #47599
DrByte
Username: DrByte

Hi Jason

It’s been a while :)

One of my clients said that their media files stopped working with JWPlayer 6.0. I checked everything and all turned OK.

The problem is not with the script but rather the hosting company and what they allows you to do. For example, the hosting that my client have DOES NOT allow any scripts that contain Options +FollowSymLinks

So, in the s2member .htaccess (Only if you are having issues playing media) (s2member files folder), at the very top of that file, remove this “Options +FollowSymLinks -MultiViews -Indexes” OR using the “Advanced Mod-Rewrite Linkage”

AllowOverride Options privileges

Some had some luck with this: try to add this above RewriteEngineOn in your .htaccess

Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks

Options +FollowSymLinks +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch

Jason, is there anything we can do if the last 2 options are not available? Thank you. I loved the old site forum.. This one is too crazy :)

Hope all OK

Thanks

Sam

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.