latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

I'm very disapointed. I am a paying client. I

Home Forums Community Forum I'm very disapointed. I am a paying client. I

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jan 30th, 2013 at 10:00 pm #40048

I installed the lastest very and it has wiped all my settings. A really very shoddy deal. It has caused me no end of grief and I have had to roll back before the install.

Really, very very bad – logins don’t work, all the custom levels are wiped clean, no-one can login and all data has to be re-entered, by download restrictions and the like.

Really, very very bad.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 5:21 am #40064
Ronnie
Username: Zeeflo

Its sad, true. But you really should proceed with backups before doing anything like this.
Dataloss is to be expected, so plan for it. If your data is not important, dont back up, but if it is, back it up!

With that being said, you should ALWAYS backup before you upgrade anything, not just s2member!

Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 5:25 am #40066

Hardly the point. Its like buying a car that can’t be serviced

Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 5:30 am #40067
Ronnie

No, if I have to use your terminology, youre complaining that its the dealers fault you didnt drive carefully and crashed..

Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 5:41 am #40070

What the damn would you know about how it was backed up and installed. For your supercilious information, it was installed via the WP installer, so I had no control over what behaviors it adopted. And, for your smart mind, it knocked off all the custom level naming, all the setup and config details.

Are you a company representative? Do you KNOW what happens out in the big world?

Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 5:43 am #40071
Ronnie

Hey, Im not the one not reading the HOW-To’s and disregarding the warnings..
Im not gonna start a flame war with you, but I hardly suspect that the staff here at S2member can magically restore your sql and settings out of thin air.

Good luck.

Posted: Saturday Feb 2nd, 2013 at 6:21 am #40378
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank-you for reporting this important issue.

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had a problem with upgrading. It sounds like your Deactivation Safeguards were turned off. Could you please check what you have set up under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Deactivation Safeguards?

If s2Member’s Deactivation Safeguards are disabled, any time s2Member is disabled on your WordPress site, s2Member will delete all settings that were set up. This is to help keep your database and user roles table clean if for any reason you decide to stop using s2Member.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.