latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Import / Export users not working – at all

Home Forums Community Forum Import / Export users not working – at all

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jun 27th, 2012 at 6:31 pm #17709

I’ve attempted many tries and variations of the CSV file to import the users from one website to my second website, but to no avail. I have paid for the dual website license as well as set the CSV to default. I cannot figure out what is incorrect and why I get no users imported. It tells me every user ID does no belong to an existing user. Please help!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jun 29th, 2012 at 2:10 am #17817
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Christopher,

If your CSV file contains User IDs (the first column in the CSV file), then s2Member will attempt to update those users when you run the import, not create them. If you want to create those users, you need to leave the User ID column empty.

Please see the first note under Step 2 on this KB article.

Posted: Friday Jun 29th, 2012 at 8:37 am #17853

That worked, except I had to keep the column names otherwise it just kept pulling the first thing as the ID. Thanks for the response, it was driving me nuts and all the threads kept talking about how simple it is and I couldn’t get it to work. :)

Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 5:40 am #17922
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

No problem! Glad I could help. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.