latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Import functions

Home Forums Community Forum Import functions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 8th, 2012 at 1:53 pm #4481
Ayman Hassan
Username: 4web

Pro plugin: 111220
Wordpress 3.3.1

I suspect that these are not plugin issues as much as wordpress issues, but here goes:

Situation:
I need to import approximately 500 already paid members of our organization. Members usually join/renew in person, so requiring online sign-up not an option.

Some of these members do not have email addresses on file. I also need to update records on a monthly basis with new expiry dates, some months are heavier than others, eg could be 50 updates in a month.

Issues:

1. Import fails if email address is blank or invalid.

2. Updates are dependent matching the WordPress ID, rather than being able to specify a custom field (ie our own membership number) as the match.

Are there are s2Member solutions to these problems?

TIA.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Feb 11th, 2012 at 2:19 pm #4822
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello Ayman,

WordPress requires an email address for the user account, so you’ll need to provide something. If you don’t care about any emails the user might receive, you can use a fake email address, but it will have to be unique (again, WordPress requires that each user account contain a unique email address). A solution might be to use the format of @yourdomain.com to ensure the email address remains unique.

With your second question, again that’s related to how WordPress itself works, so s2Member doesn’t have a way around that.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.