latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Import with custom fields / registration form

Home Forums Community Forum Import with custom fields / registration form

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Nov 4th, 2012 at 5:57 pm #30608

Hi

We have a set of existing users that were tracked in another database that we want to import into our current installation that uses s2member. I was wondering whether I can use the Import tool to do the import. However, if I add custom fields to facilitate this import, my question is will they necessarily show on the Registration form?

Is there a way to import these existing users with these custom fields without them showing up in the Registration form? The old system had metadata attached to each user that we don’t want to show up in the Registration form.

Thanks
Colin

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 5:48 pm #30696
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Colin,

Yes, when you create Custom Registration/Profile fields, you can specify whether that field is hidden during registration in the Allow Profile Edits option. Is that what you’re looking for?

Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 6:39 pm #30707

YES! Excellent! One more question – the site is currently live. Any advice regarding the import? What should I be aware of / look out for?

Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 11:59 pm #30731

About the import, I’d first create a test user with all the custom profile fields having a value, and then do an export so you can see the format you need to use.

The custom profile fields in s2Member’s import tool follow a format that’s less usual, so having an example to follow will be useful.

Also, no email will be sent to users automatically on import, keep that in mind because you’ll need to email them by some other mean to let them know about the account.

And you can import a password, which you need to tell the user about, or you can leave the field blank, in which case you need to point the user to the “lost password” tool so they have WordPress email one to them.

I hope that helps! :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.