latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Important question (+)

Home Forums Community Forum Important question (+)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Feb 19th, 2012 at 12:00 am #5637
Gunter Gillot
Username: eucmh

Hello

Before there is my story :
I run my website for 3 years (WordPress). I started to have problem with Traffic when the site started to have success going from 1k hit month in March 2010 up to 70 to 80k in Jan 2011.
At this period – the site was free for all – and I got a message from my host (Sartlogic) that there was no problem about the size of the site (11 Gigs) but the Traffic was starting to kill the other users on my webserver.
So I had to reduce Traffic and published a post about it online. I got an email from a Company (US) Media Mogul offering me to use their Media Pass system to 1st Reduce the Traffic by several 1000s and also make some money with my work.
I did go for it then started to open post after post (560) and add their Script after the – more – tag. In fact if was nice but not willing to make money be keep me alive online without problem I fixed the Membership price myself at 1.95$ / month.
Last month, after being tired of begging to get payed 1st and seeing that Media was taking 40% of that ridiculous amount (I was still adding the code in my posts) I decided to ask them to reduce the 40% to 20 or so because it was really worth all the work even with several hundred memberships being already payed.
I never go an answer to several emails as well as I am still waiting to get January payed (70$).

I decided to run a system myself and started to search for something to work with WP. I first found wp-member, I bought a license because the S2 member website was just under maintenance.
After 3 days I erased this whole damn wp-member, got a S2 pro and the thing is running perfectly at every levels with Paypal.

Now the problem I faced (3 days ago) is … I have the already members coming in trough Media Pass while the new are coming with S2. While I was erasing the code from post (yeah … again in it ..) I got email from members that could not have access anymore because I was erasing the Media Pass code and meanwhile adding the s2 (level 1) protection.

Yesterday I spend the entire night (using the Media Pass csv Member file) to manually create an account (level 1) for 98 members lost into the system.

I am now trying to find out how to Mass Mail then (if possible) to tell them that they will be manually erased after their payed period on the old system is out.

I need advices to handle this problem from other s2 members who already faced this problem.

Note I am using an Arras Theme and both work prefectly WP-Arras + S2

Thanks the the help

Gunter

http://www.eucmh.com

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Raam Dev. Reason: Moved topic from Community Forum to Customer Support Forum

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 22nd, 2012 at 12:23 pm #5962
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Gunter,

s2Member does not currently have a feature that allows you to Mass-email all your users. However, there are several WordPress plugins that allow you to do this; I suggest searching here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=mass+mail

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.