latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Importing with EOT then Subscribing

Home Forums Community Forum Importing with EOT then Subscribing

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Dec 7th, 2012 at 3:06 pm #33916

We are redesigning our site, and have a membership base of about 650 people right now. Memberships are sold on an annual basis, and right now they’re being sold with “Buy Now” buttons.

I plan on importing the membership and including an EOT date with the accounts. Once they reach their EOT, we want them to renew, at the same membership level and with the same account, using Paypal Payments Standard Subscriptions.

1. Is this possible?

2. Can a notification be sent before the account expires, so they will be able to subscribe before they hit their EOT and lose access?

3. I know the Buy-Now buttons can extend the EOT date by the time purchased, but can subscriptions? In other words, if they subscribe via Paypal a month before their EOT date, will their subscription start on that date or on the EOT date?

Thanks,
Andrew

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Dec 8th, 2012 at 2:38 pm #34008
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

This is very possible with s2Member.

2. Can a notification be sent before the account expires, so they will be able to subscribe before they hit their EOT and lose access?

I believe I answered this one of your other posts. This is possible using this post:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/setting-up-eot-notifications/

3. I know the Buy-Now buttons can extend the EOT date by the time purchased, but can subscriptions? In other words, if they subscribe via Paypal a month before their EOT date, will their subscription start on that date or on the EOT date?

You can use modification forms for this, but you’ll want to put a bit of dynamic code in here to ensure that this works correctly. See: Knowledge Base » Using variables in a shortcode

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.