latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Info on how to use PayPal hosted buttons

Home Forums Community Forum Info on how to use PayPal hosted buttons

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 12:18 pm #27088

I quickly need to find the information about how to use the PayPal hosted buttons so that I can have a way for people to pay with a payment plan (i.e. four payments and then stop). I am using the Pro version of s2member, but not using Pro Forms as I don’t have an SSL server or PayPal Pro.

Side Note:
I really find it frustrating that I can’t find the information on the support site that I know is here. I have seen this article before, but now cannot find it. Maybe a more robust search funtion on this support site would save you a ton of customer support time. Just sayin’

Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 12:45 pm #27090

OK, I kept digging and found it. For anyone else hunting for how to use buttons hosted by PayPal, go here:
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=309#p1333

Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 1:56 pm #27102
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Kim,

I wasn’t able to find this in time, lol. Yes that would work, I believe it uses the same method as this article:
Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 2:26 pm #27107

Yes, that is the same info.

I now have a new problem with this. I have the button created and it works fine to accept the payment and redirect me (as the test buyer) back to the home page of the site, but it does not give me page to register or put me onto the Aweber email. I am not showing up as a user either.

Any ideas what I should adjust so that PayPal is correctly telling s2member about my orders and getting them in the system?

The test order button is on the BOTTOM of this temporary page:
http://bootcamps.mobilemarketingbootcamp.com/sample-page/

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Kim Dushinski.
Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 7:20 pm #27159
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Kim,

It sounds like you might not have all the advanced variables configured properly. Can you please double-check your button and make sure the advanced variables described here are all present in your button?

Also, I’m not sure that PayPal-hosted buttons will trigger the s2Member AWeber integration, but I’ll have to double-check on that and get back to you.

Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 4:36 am #27302
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Update:

I spoke to a colleague and he agreed that AWeber subscriptions should be triggered if the PayPal-hosted button is properly integrated with s2Member (i.e., the notify_url attribute is correctly pointing to s2Member’s notify URL).

When someone uses the button to make a payment, PayPal will notify s2Member through that URL and s2Member will then process it like any other payment, triggering whatever List Servers you have configured in (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers when someone completes the registration (List Servers are only triggered upon registration, not payment, so it’s important that the person uses the registration link in the email they are sent).

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.