latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Initial Setup Questions

Home Forums Community Forum Initial Setup Questions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 30th, 2012 at 11:55 am #14954

I am trying to setup a simple membership site but having a few problems figuring out how to get the initial s2 implementation in place. I have sorted the restriction via URL restriction facility – just perfect for me, very easy and quick – I love it.

However what I am having problems with is more to do with signup and ongoing maintenance on a user account basis.

These are the issues.

1. I want my home page to have the following side by side

EXISTING MEMBERS LOGIN

with a login form which on successful login goes to a specific page and to another if username/password is wrong. Is there a shortcode to allow me to show a login form in this column, or how else might I do it?

NEW MEMBERS

with the s2 membership options – this column I have done with the paypal button shortcode.

2. Then when logged in I would expect to go to a kind of ‘Dashboard’ page on which I could see my membership details and I was hoping a simple shortcode might give me the facility to show these details but I can not find reference to it – how might I show this information on a page.

3. I can not find any reference to what happens when my subscription runs out – for instance if I paid for 1 month and I login and the month has passed where do I configure the message shown on a page in order to re-subscribe, or alternatively if someone cancels a recurring paypal payment how does this manifest itself on my site?

4. Finally I found the s2Member-Profile / shortcode but is there a way to not show some of the elements on the form. Specifically username and display name. I would like to only provide access to change the email address and password.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 6:22 am #15022
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Andrew,

Please see my responses below:

with a login form which on successful login goes to a specific page and to another if username/password is wrong. Is there a shortcode to allow me to show a login form in this column, or how else might I do it?

s2Member utilizes the WordPress authentication system, including the WordPress login form (/wp-login.php). With s2Member Pro, we include the Pro Login Widget (Appearance -> Widgets -> Pro Login Widget), which allows you to insert a login form into any widgetized area of your theme.

If you wish to customize this further and create a login form specifically for your needs, you can do that and simply mimic the login form available on wp-login.php.

2. Then when logged in I would expect to go to a kind of ‘Dashboard’ page on which I could see my membership details and I was hoping a simple shortcode might give me the facility to show these details but I can not find reference to it – how might I show this information on a page.

When members login, they are sent to whatever page you have selected for the Login Welcome Page (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Welcome Page). You can customize that page to look however you like and there are several s2Member functions which will allow you to output things conditionally (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals and Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals).

There is unfortunately no shortcode to provide “dashboard details”. The closest thing we provide would be the [s2Member-Profile /] shortcode, which allows you to provide options for editing profile information and changing the password, etc.

3. I can not find any reference to what happens when my subscription runs out – for instance if I paid for 1 month and I login and the month has passed where do I configure the message shown on a page in order to re-subscribe, or alternatively if someone cancels a recurring paypal payment how does this manifest itself on my site?

What happens when a subscription runs out (or someone cancels their account) is determined by your Automatic EOT Behavior setting (please see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior). You can use shortcode conditionals (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals) to check if someone’s account has been demoted to free subscriber and then show a message based on that.

If you want to allow members to resubscribe, you should provide a billing modification form (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms) so that their account will be upgraded (as opposed to a new account being created).

4. Finally I found the s2Member-Profile / shortcode but is there a way to not show some of the elements on the form. Specifically username and display name. I would like to only provide access to change the email address and password.

There are no options to enable or disable particular fields on the Profile Editor page. If you want to change this, you’ll need to edit the template files that are used to generate that form. Please see this thread for more information.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.