latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Integrate Paypal Payments Pro and Payflow Pro

Home Forums Community Forum Integrate Paypal Payments Pro and Payflow Pro

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Mike Waller 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 12th, 2012 at 1:49 pm #7908
Mike Waller
Username: seozones

Years ago (2004?) I signed up (under Verisign) a payflow pro account. A couple years back, I also signed up for a paypal website payments pro account. I actually forgot I had a payflow pro account! I also currently have the s2member pro version.

I want to add recurring billing to my website shopping carts. I was told by paypal that my current paypay account (so not the payflow pro account) can not upgrade to recurring billing UNLESS I upgrade my current paypal account…. something to do with paypal versions. However, I can add recurring billing within my payflow pro account.

So, my question is this: Can I use the s2member pro forms using my paypal WPP account but have recurrent billing set up on my payflow pro account? After talking with a paypal rep, there is a difference between subscriptions and recurring billing. I do not want my site visitors to have a paypal account to make a payment and set recurring billing on their card.

I can upgrade my current paypal WPP account (version 3.0) so that it can take recurring payments but that would require me to re-apply.

Any ideas?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 6:06 am #7964

Hi Mike.

I don’t know that s2Member works with PayFlow yet, but I’ll email Jason asking. :)

Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 12:18 pm #8009
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for your inquiry.

So, my question is this: Can I use the s2member pro forms using my paypal WPP account but have recurrent billing set up on my payflow pro account? After talking with a paypal rep, there is a difference between subscriptions and recurring billing. I do not want my site visitors to have a paypal account to make a payment and set recurring billing on their card.

No, I’m sorry, that won’t work. There is a difference in the way each of these APIs communicate. s2Member Pro is designed to communicate with the Website Payments Pro API. So you’ll need a PayPal Website Payments Pro account, and you’ll need Recurring Billing added to your Website Payments Pro account. Payflow Pro is something else entirely. s2Member does not speak the Payflow Pro language.

See Also: Video » By PayPal®, Service Introductions (Highly Recommended)
See Also: PayPal Pro -> Recurring Billing

Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 3:47 pm #8037
Mike Waller
Username: seozones

Okay, thanks Jason and Cristian. I will work on getting that set up then.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.