latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Integration with VBulletin?

Home Forums Community Forum Integration with VBulletin?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday May 11th, 2012 at 10:49 am #13205

I have VBulletin already.

Is there a way to integrate this into S2member?

It was expensive, but I would be willing to use another good forum software if it was a better fit with S2.

Thanks,

Randall

Update: OK – looking at documentation and forums, I see that VBulletin is not integrated. Is there a way I can protect the VBulletin forum using the S2Member plugin?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  Randall Hardy.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday May 12th, 2012 at 2:44 am #13274
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Randall,

Since s2Member is a WordPress plugin and VBulletin lives outside WordPress, there isn’t a straightforward way to protect that forum with s2Member. However, you could probably include the necessary WordPress files inside your VBulletin header to make the s2Member functions accessible. Then you might be able to restrict things that way.

See Knowledge Base » Protecting Non-WordPress Content with s2Member for more information.

Posted: Saturday May 12th, 2012 at 5:00 am #13280

The only problem I can see with doing that to another script like a forum, is namespace conflicts.

I remember trying this with phpBB and it couldn’t be done because both scripts, phpBB and WordPress have a function named is_admin.

You may run into that with vBulletin, but you won’t know for sure until you try.

Posted: Saturday May 12th, 2012 at 9:23 am #13302

Thank you for your responses.

New thoughts:

If I protect the Forum Page that links to VBulletin with s2Member, and make a menu tab with the Forum Page, will the menu tab ‘disappear’ from public view, but be revealed to a member when the member logs in?

Thanks!

Posted: Saturday May 12th, 2012 at 3:29 pm #13311

You could control the navigation in WordPress to show/hide depending on the user, but that won’t prevent someone from going to the forum if they get the URL for it.

I imagine you’ll have some kind of integration between the vB and WP to share users, right? If so, you could hack the vB a bit to query WP and find out what access he has, and tie that to the vB permissions in some way, which are what control access to the forum areas and features. This is more advanced, but not impossible.

Posted: Sunday May 13th, 2012 at 4:01 pm #13346

Thank you. Is Rent-A-Coder or Elance somewhere I could hire a freelancer to code this for me?

Posted: Sunday May 13th, 2012 at 4:36 pm #13348

Sure. eLance, oDesk, jobs.wordpress.net, etc, have coders experienced with WordPress and you should be able to find one capable of doing something like this.

Posted: Sunday May 13th, 2012 at 5:25 pm #13354

Thanks Cristian!

Posted: Sunday May 13th, 2012 at 5:30 pm #13356

No problem. :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.